21

One time Pete wakes up and he's 21 years old. Which is weird because huh, he hasn't been 21 in forever. But here he is. In his 21 year old body. Pete stares at himself, turns around to fully examine himself. It feels so weird seeing a younger version of himself in the mirror. He looks much younger, he notices. His eyes look bright and his face much softer. But then again he's 21 so he shouldn't be surprised. Not that he's so unhappy now that he looks nothing like his younger self, quite the opposite actually. His current life is great for him, his eyes are still bright and face still soft just in adifferent way. He doesn't know how much time passes before he hears footsteps approaching. "Hey Pete what do you think about- "Patrick suddenly stops when he notices that Pete is different . "Um...what-what happened to-"

"I don't know. I woke up like this," and Patrick doesn't miss the small smirk on Pete's lips for quoting the Queen Bey herself. "So you just...you're how old? 22?"

"21."

"Hmmm..." Patrick hummed. "Just around the age you first met me. You look exactly how I remember too." And he does. Patrick moves closer to Pete, really getting a good look. "I forgot how hot you used to be."

" Use too ? Pattycakes I'm just as hot if not more! And if I remember correctly I had your 16 year old self practically drooling over me." Pete crosses his arms looking smug. Patrick just shrugs "Not like it matters now. I'm not 16 anymore. I'm 30." Pete can't deny how weird it looks to see Patrick so much older than him. He looks so sure of himself, so confident,a huge contrast from the 16 year old he once knew. The same 16 year old who should be with him now. Or at least he thinks so. "Well Pete I don't know what happened to you but I hope it gets fixed. Plus we have a show tonight. Try explaining that to the fans." Patrick was still staring at Pete, not in disgust more in disbelief, trying to figure out the situation. "I guess I'll just go out there and play. We'll be so far up hopefully they won't notice."

"But what if the camera zooms in on your face? Plus you're the one usually doing the talking. And not only that but you sound younger. Like a kid compared to your voice now." The singers logic had no flaws. Still Pete was feeling optimistic. Something his 21 year old self felt a lot when they were just starting. "You make good points Stump. Still I'm not worried."

Patrick shrugs again (Pete can see the slight worry behind his mask of nonchalance though) before saying, "I hope you plan on wearing a jacket tonight. Because you're missing most of your tattoos." Patrick pokes his arm. "It's weird seeing your arms so bare. Your arms are like noodles," and then he's giggling at Pete. But somehow, despite the weird changes he's seen today,one thing doesn't change. And that's how his heart melts from seeing the happiness on Patrick's face.

“Yeah but you like my noodle arms. Fell hard for them too!” Pete goes to flex his noodly arms, only adding to Patrick's laughter. But it's ok because seeing Patrick laugh is always such an amazing sight. “If you say so.”

“I do.” And then Pete leans forward to kiss Patrick, a smug look on his face when Patrick gasps. The moment is short lived however when Patrick pulls away. “I see your  experience disappeared with your age…”He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. “You kiss like a teenager, and you look like one too,” He sing songs at the end smiling. “Hey fuck you! I don't kiss like a teenager! You didn't even know me as a teenager!”

“Yeah that's true but that doesn't take away from the fact that I'm right.” And is Patrick being a little shit today or what? The look on his face confirms it for Pete. “Keep your 21 year old hormones under control yeah?” Then he pats Pete on the shoulder, walking away humming to himself. Pete curses to himself because Patrick is right, if the feeling in his suddenly too tight pants has anything to say about it.

That cocky little shit