18: Angels in Disguise

Start from the beginning

Kuroko must've been observing me, because he patted my head gently. When I looked up, I met his eyes, which captivated me immediately. A gentle smile caressed his lips; one of the most rarest emotions I have seen him use.

"That's okay, Kaede-san," Kuroko said, ruffling my hair slightly. "I'm used to it."

My eyes went slightly wide, wondering how did he know such a thing. Am I that really of an open book?

"Oh, that aside..." Kuroko reached for the light blue sling bag that was strapped over his shoulder and pulled out an all-too-familiar book, wrapped neatly in plastic.

"Akashi-kun told me to give you." He said, smiling knowingly. I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue at him.

"We met when I was looking for this book, Kuroko-kun. Nothing of the sort."

"Oh?" He asked, the slightest of amusement twinkling in his eyes. "Then I suppose that you should be careful. Aomine-kun would be jealous." He smiled. Yeah right.

Wait what.

I didn't get a chance to reply, though. "Then, I'll be going now. See you." He turned his back, and left.

"O-Oh... See you..." I blinked, and unconsciously opened the book, and an invitation-sized card fell out. I opened the card, and smiled to myself.

One side had a quite beautifully drawn rose, colored nicely at the shade of red. A soft smell of rose entered my nostrils as I bought the side of the card closer to my nose, and when I turned it around, I found a small note written in cursive writing.

Accept this as an apology of my tardiness. Also, I'm quite busy with projects so I didn't have the time to give this book to you. Tetsuya will give it to me on my behalf.

I am absolute.

-Akashi

I smiled.

*-*-*-*

I skimmed through my notebook of Kagami's actual personality, and scribbled something more. Right now, he was quite compatible with Kumiko, and I need to confirm a few of his angelic behaviors before I actually go onto the next level; which is the last.

Giving Kumiko the tips.

I saw the overly tall and familiar two toned angel just a few feet in front of me, standing out over the crowd. I smiled and practically ran towards him.

"Kagami-kun!"

The crimson head turned around, and upon seeing me, he squinted his eyes before a look of recognition passed his face. "Oh, it's you, Kaede."

I pouted, pretending to feel offended. "What do you mean 'it's me?' "

"H-Hey, wait, no, th-that's not what I..!" He huffed, suddenly becoming embarrassed. "That's not what I meant."

"Are you sure?" I asked. I put on a little hurt to my tone, and his expression quickly changed from brash to plea, not wanting to see me sad or cry.

Rough on the outside but soft on the inside? Check.

"So, what are you having after this?"

"Uh.. Language."

My smile immediately came. "Ooh, that class! I haven't had that since.. last year! Can I come? Please please please please pleaseeeeee?"

"Fine!" He finally relented. "Urgh, this is so annoying.."

I sulked and quickly pretended to walk away. "Fine! If Kagami-kun doesn't want me to follow, then I won't!"