All the Things I'd Rather Be Doing

Start from the beginning

Goddammit!!! Why couldn't Neville have found this instead of her?

Or better yet, why couldn't it have been any other two children in the entire bloody castle?

"Alright. So...um...Rose, you should...probably put your shirt back on, sweetheart. And Scorpius, you should fix your tie and um...head on back to the dungeons. Oh, and um...twenty points from Gryffindor and Slytherin for being caught after hours."

In a broom closet, maybe about to have sex, she mentally added.

Scorpius nodded and tucked in his shirt. Hermione turned her head as he bent his head down to Rose's ear and whispered, "I'll see you tomorrow," and kissed her goodnight. His eyes remained firmly planted on the floor as he darted past Hermione towards his common room.

Rose bit her lip as she put her shirt back on. "Um...we weren't really doing anything, Aunt Hermione."

Hermione internally scoffed. Only because I interrupted you before you got to the good part.

Hermione squinted her eyes shut. "Rose, would it be possible for you and I to speak about this another day? I wasn't exactly prepared to deal with this tonight and I think I'm getting a migraine."

Rose nodded solemnly. "Are you going to tell my parents?"

Hermione inhaled deeply and sighed. "I don't see any reason to. But you really should talk to your mother if you're thinking about..." Having sex. Say it. Say it, damn you! She cleared her throat. "She'll understand. And...she'd want you to come to her with something like this."

Rose worried her bottom lip. "Can I talk to you about it, too?"

That took Hermione by surprise. "Um...sure. But not tonight, alright?"

Rose nodded. "Thank you, Aunt Hermione." She fixed herself and headed to Gryffindor Tower.

Once she was out of sight Hermione threw a small fit. She grabbed her hair with both hands and whispered loudly to herself, "Fuuuuuuuuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-FUUUCK!"

She didn't finish her rounds that night and she slept horribly. Oh, the joys of parenthood.

_____________________

I need to talk to you. Can you come by today? --Hermione

Draco clutched her note in his hand. He'd bet anything this had to do with Jean's engagement party. As he trailed the corridors that led to Hermione's office, ignoring the airy Hello, Mr. Malfoy's that were thrown his way by older Slytherin girls, he thanked the gods he had a partner as brilliant as Hermione Granger. She'd know exactly how to handle the situation.

He found the door to her office open and a very nervous Hermione sitting at her desk, biting her nails, a habit in which she only indulged when she was nervous.

"By all means, continue gnawing on your nails like a barbarian. But don't be surprised if I leave you should you mess up your teeth. I like you pretty, Granger," he said, his eyes sparkling playfully as he walked over and sat on her desk.

She rolled her eyes. "I get enough of that from my mother, thank you."

"Speaking of your mother," Draco dove right in, "I assume you called me here about this." He held up the invitation he managed to strong arm from Weasley's grip the other night.

Hermione's brows furrowed. "I don't know what that is. I called you here because I caught Scorpius and Rose snogging in a broom closet the other night and I need to know what I should do about it."