Perfume

ENTRY 2、XS

The atmosphere in that room was thick with something indescribable, even though it was just me and you. Each step I took left footprints on the sandy tile floor and I inhaled the dusty air that filled my lungs. You kept walking around, hopping over debris without even looking down as if you already know where everything is placed.

Whispers of the wind tickled the curtains that masked the only source of light coming through. I observed the way your dry lips moved as you sang a childish tune, but your voice was muffled in my ears. The way your hair fell from your shoulders, your brown eyes reflecting the light, pale skin contrasting with your dark attire was so mesmerizing. How and why did god make someone so exasperating so ethereal?

I hated you. Loathed. Despised. Execrated. You were infuriatingly disgusting. You were the definition of filth itself. I wasn't even sure why did I let you cling onto me. You played me like a puppet and I still managed to not draw my knife out. My reputation was ruined just because I hung out with you.

Your hand scrambled inside the pocket of your skirt searching for something, then pulled out a fresh new cigarette and a lighter. The first thought that ran through my mind was, seriously? The air in this room was already making my respiratory system dysfunctional and you're actually trying to kill the both of us?

The first huff of smoke was bearable. Second, third and fourth time already got on my nerves. I've never liked smokers and I definitely never liked you.

I remember that evening when I made the biggest mistake of my life. My hands wrapped slightly tight around your pale, thin neck, filled with rage. You remained unfazed, that irritating nonchalant expression plastered on your face, your gaze burning holes through me. The grip on your cigarette slacked, dropping it lifelessly onto the ground.

"Why'd you do this to me?"