Chapter 18: How and Wow

Start from the beginning

"Hey Angie. How's it going?" I ask. She doesn't usually just call to catch up. And we live close. Now that I think about it, she had a doctors appointment today. Uh oh. I hope nothing's up.

"Peggy..." she draws in a breath. "I'm a month pregnant from 7 minutes of heaven with James."

I scream of happiness.

"Peggy!" She exclaims.

"Oh my God I'm going to be an aunt! My sister is having a baby! Yay! I'm so excited, oh!" I say. I'm so happy for her. I thought she had leukemia or something. A baby is 10000 times better! A baby!

"Can you tell John? I already told Eliza and she's telling Maria." She asks. She sounds tired.

"Of course! Go rest, Angie. And don't worry, I'll help. I love babies!" I really do. I can't wait to have a family of my own. But I want Angelica to get her rest. She'll need it more than ever now.

"Love you Peggles. Got to go." She says.

"Love you too, A." I hang up and run inside, grabbing the remote to pause the TV.

"What's up, babe?" John asks.

"Angelica."

"What about her?" He looks worried.

"She's pregnant." I say, grinning.

"Oh my God! Really! I need to tell her congratulations!" He seems almost as happy as me. He kisses my nose.

"She knows we'll be there for her, right?" He looks at me. I nod. I made sure to tell her that both John and I would be there, no matter what John said.

My sister is going to have a baby!

- ANGELICAS POV -
So far, so good. I've called everyone but Alex, Thomas and James. I want to tell James in person. Everyone's supportive so far. I've never been so relieved in my life. Each person I told said they'd be there for me. I wanted to cry of happiness. But no. I was Angelica Schuyler. I already cried for Eliza, I was going to hold it together. Or try, at least. I picked up my phone and called Alex.

"Hey, Alex?" I say as a hello.

"What's up, A?" He asks. He sounds like he just woke up. He was probably sleeping again before therapy.

"Did I wake you up?" There's muffled sounds in the background and I realize he's talking to Thomas. Good, no more separate phone calls.

"No, I woke up like 3 minutes ago. Anyways, you never answered. What's up? You don't usually call to chat." Damn. He knows something's up. I wasn't going to lie to him anyways, but...

"Alex, your brother James got me pregnant." I say. Alex is James's brother. If he's mad at anyone, it'll be James, right?

"Wait... my James, my brother, James, got you knocked up? In 7 minutes of heaven I assume?" He asks, a little confused.

"Yeah..." I say quietly.

"I'm not mad. I'll give James a talk for sure though. Our father left us. He does that to you and I'll kill him. Have you told him yet?" He asks.

"No. I want to tell him in person." I say. I let out a sigh.

"I have to go Alex, but tell Thomas? And I'll text you when you can talk to James about it." I tell Alex.

"Will do. See you soon Angie." We say our goodbyes and hang up. God, this has been a long day.

- THOMAS' POV -
Alex got a phone call from Angelica. I know Angie, I was really close to her for a while. There's either a party or a problem. And from Alex's face, it's a problem.

I ask him what's up and he says he doesn't know. The phone woke him up but he lied to Angie and said he was awake already. I shake my head at him. After a few seconds I hear him gasp and say,

"Wait... my James, my brother James, got you knocked up? In 7 minutes of heaven I assume?" I gasp and he glares at me. Angelica's pregnant?! Not what I expected. Then again, she was in that closet with James for a long time. And their was a lot of noise coming from it.

Alex talks to Angelica for a few more minutes until we have to leave for therapy. After he hangs up I ask,

"Angelica's pregnant? With James's baby?" He nods his head and I smile. This baby is basically my nephew, even though Alex and I aren't married. I'm excited and happy for Angie.

"How do you feel about that?" He asks me and I snap out of my daze.

"It's great. I'll help them with whatever they need. Are you upset at James?" I ask. He shakes his head,

"It's not like she didn't want to do him. They did it in a closet for 45 minutes. But I'm scared of James doing what my dad did. I don't want that to happen. I love him and Angelica too much." He says, a worried look put on his face. I hug him and tell him it'll be alright. James is smart and he'll figure it out. Its going to be ok.

- JAMES' POV -
My love. My love was sick and not getting much better. Every morning I would hear here throwing up. Everyone told her to go to a doctor. And she finally did. I wanted to go with her to make sure she was ok, but I had work, so I couldn't. I unlock the door to our little dorm and see her on the couch, waiting for me. I flop down next to her and kiss her lips softly.

"How'd it go, sweetheart? You want some wine? I know I do." I laugh. She looks at me, a small smile on her lips.

"Actually, I can't drink for a while. 9 months, to be exact." I'm confused. Why can't she drink for 9 months? Then it hits me. Hits me like a bus.

Angelica was pregnant.

"Are you-- are we-- did I-- is it..?" I stutter, not able to finish my thoughts. This couldn't be! We did have unprotected sex, but still. The chances were quite low.

"Yes, James. I'm 1 month pregnant." She smiles nervously. I'm a little and at myself for getting her pregnant. We're in college! I shouldn't have done this. But I can't be my father. I will be here for my baby. I will.

"James?" I kiss her, hard and quick, then scoop her up in my arms.

"My baby, has a baby! A baby, oh my God!" I say. She giggles and it's like music to my ears.

"I love you James."

"I love you too Angie." I set her down and get on my knees, putting my mouth against her stomach.

"And I love you, baby." She bends down and kisses my forehead.

"Are you upset?" She has tears in her eyes. Oh no.

"No! Of course not. I swear to God, Angel, I will never leave you two. I won't be my father." I wipe away her tears, and she laughs a little.

"Good, because Alex would kill you if you did."

"Did you tell everyone already?" I ask. If she did, I don't mind. It's her business. She nods and I kiss her again.

"I'm so happy, Angel. I don't think I've ever been so happy!" I say. I want this baby now! I start singing to her stomach.

"And if this child, shares a fraction of your smile, or a fragment of your mind, look out world! That would be enough." Angelica joins me halfway through, and soon, it's just the two of us singing to the smallest baby bump.

AUTHORS NOTE: ok I really don't like this chapter but I sort of do. So here ya go. It isn't the best and I feel like it's sort of repetitive, but I wanted Angie to be pregnant so I did what I had to do. Thank you so much for reading!💕
Word Count: 1959 words