Chapter 1 - sugar idea

"Yes!" Veronica says, crying. "A million times yes!"
I'm so glad she said yes.
She grabs my face and kisses me. I press the button and a few fireworks are let off. Maroon 5 immediately start to play and Veronica pulls away with a gasp.
"Archie! You you!"
"Yes I got maroon 5 in on the sugar idea." I laugh. She kisses me with passion. I kiss back.
She pulls away.
"Hey doll!" I hear. Veronica turns around and looks to where I'm looking. Bruno mars. Veronica loves him but I never invited him nor Selena Gomez, who was stood next to Bruno mars.
"Hey Amber says you're fans." Selena says.
She nods, speechless.
"Amber invited you?" I say. They nod.
"You need entertainment though right." Selena says. "And Archie told Amber that you like to dance to bad liar."
She scolds me with her eyes. What? Yes I only caught her once but I know what she's like. Selena goes up first. She killed her performance and hits every note perfectly. Veronica grabs my hands and we dance to bad liar. She smiles and kisses me. I hold her close. She smiles.
"Karaoke time!" Selena screeches.
Veronica pushes me forwards.
"N-no Veronica." I say.
"Go Archie!" Jughead claps enthusiastically.
"Nuh-uh Jughead. You promised me that we'd sing barbie girl together at the next karaoke. Come on ken." Betty says, pulling Jughead by his shirt.
I laugh.
"Stand there a second Jughead." Betty says. She grabs a bag. I could tell she knew what was going off, was gonna happen. She pulls out a bright pink Hawaiian shirt and a rainbow lei necklace. She puts them on Jughead and puts a straw hat over his beanie.
Jughead looks hilarious. I snap a pic.
"Archie. Don't you dare!" He says.
"Oops." I shrug.
The music starts and I start recording them and it was gold!
"Hiya barbie." Jughead says, through gritted teeth.
"Hi ken!" Betty says enthusiastically.
If I could rate this for entertainment I would rate them off the scale. Jughead was having the time of his life it seemed and Betty was sooooo depressed about it. You can just tell with the expressions. (😹😹😹)
When Betty comes off, I high5 her.
"That. Was. Gold." I say.
"Thanks." She says. "You're singing later, right?"
"He doesn't have a choice." Veronica smirks. "For his lil fiancé here." I roll my eyes.
"Right." I say. She laughs.
She looks at her ring and I pick up her hand and kiss it. She blushes. I love Veronica.

Betty's POV
I'm honestly so happy for Veronica. Hermione talks to pops and she's smiling. I'm really glad because before I knew Veronica lived with Fred, I knocked to hang with her and Hermione answered the door and she was covered in blood. Veronica doesn't know and I feel bad for not telling her. It was last week.
"Hey Betty." Hermione smiles, as I reach for a burger for Jughead.
"Hey Hermione." I pass the burger to Jughead.
"Can I talk to Archie?" Jug says. I nod.
"Are you okay?" I say.
"More than okay. My daughter is marrying someone sweet. I love Archie. I'm so glad she picked him."
"Me too. He's my best friend." I smile.
I pick up an onion ring.
"I know he is sweetie. I like what you do to Jughead."
"Me too!" I laugh. "He thought I was joking."
"He obviously doesn't know females, eh?" She laughs. We both do. I look at her.
"Are you gonna get the divorce? You can't let him hurt you." I sigh in sadness.
"I can't get a divorce." She sighs. "He won't sign the paper."
"Just call me if he hurts you." I say, putting my hand on hers.
"I will, Elizabeth. Don't tell Veronica please." She sighs.
"I won't." I shake my head. But I didn't know what Hiram was capable of at this point. I didn't know he's the reason for the blood on her that night.
"Oi, you touching my onion rings?" Archie says.
I laugh. "Maybe."
"I'm joking. There's plates full." He laughs.
I smile and eat the onion ring that was just sitting on my palm. Pops laughs.

Veronica walks over.
"Hey mom! Pops!" They smile and lift there hands and they were entwined. They immediately un-entwine them and we all let out a gasp.
"What?" Hermione says.
"We are friends by the way it's not the way you think!" Pops laughs.
I can tell he was being legit. Yes, there was 10 years between them but it doesn't matter does it. 50 was early to retire but he was adamant because he was widowed and his son works now, only being 3 years older than our gang.
We get along with him and sometimes he sits with us in our booth.
He looks towards Polly, she's playing with her twins.
"Do you like Polly?" I ask pops' son.
"N-no." He stutters out.
"You totally do." I say smirking.
"Oh shush." She says.
"Polly! Pol! Over here." I shout her.
She cradles one of the twins, the other in the safe arms of Chic who we've grown to love and trust.
"Oh hey there Pop Tate Junior." She smiles. She places a pacifier in my nephews mouth. The baby coos.
"I told you that you can call me Zander." He smiles.
"Sorry Zan, I forgot." She bounces the baby up and down and the baby giggles.
"It's fine." He says. "Sooooo..."
"Sooooo..." Polly replies, turning red.
I slowly back away while they just say soooo to each other, occasionally nodding. Then they hugged. Not quite a kiss but a hug. It's a start I guess. She smiled at me softly. Pol's baby kicked out breaking the hug that he was trapped in the middle of. Poor baby.
I sit next to Veronica and she smiles at me. I put my head on her shoulder.

Veronica's POV
Best day ever. Even though Betty was resting on my shoulder, I really like her company and how she'll always help with no questions. I look at Mary, who was coming up to me.
"Archie said what song?" She smiles and sits next to me. I look towards Archie.
I mouth the words 'how would you feel' to Archie. He nods. Fred sits next to Mary and gives her a quick kiss. He passes her an ice blast but luckily for us he got the whole gang ice blasts. Favourite British drink for sure! Tango Ice Blast! Archie stands on the stage and starts to sing.
Fred and Mary snuggle up on their blanket and listen to Archie in awe. I could tell they were proud of him and so was I! I really was! Archie was my pride and joy and I loved him more than myself! He looked directly at me as he sang and I stood up, singing it back at him with tears streaming down my face. Archie's music made me so so happy. I'm so glad he called me his and this song was one of the ones where I realised damn I did love Archie and he sang this to me as soon as we started dating and it made me so so happy at the time.
We finish singing, with looks of awe from all and I go to sit. I feel a rough tug on my arm, causing me to turn around.
"What the fuck is this?" He says.
"Hi dad..." I reply.
-
Uh oh! Hiram Lodge is back! SHDHSHSHS Did y'all see him in s2 I'm jehedvbshsh 🙌🏾😩 Archie is still my fav. Follow my insta @archiekinsdamndrews for regular uploads. Your fan mail for book 1 meant the world. Welcome to book 2!