The Siren

Sesshomaru'spov

I still cannot embrace this situation... I will soon be a father... How this all happened to me. When I first time met Serene, was when she appeared in the place where lightning hit. Like she was meant to appear in front of me. Her strange clothing tell me that she was same era than InuYasha's miko. She does not resemble Japanese so she has to come far away in continent, there I have seen similar looking people in my travels. Her scent was very interesting, the odor was dog's scent. She has to have some kind connection to dogs. Her own scent was sweet, vanilla and strawberry. Her aura was different, she is human, but there was something else, not priestess and not yokai. I felt urge to kiss her when I first time pick her up, but my principal not to abuse unconscious woman prevent me to do so. I was way to meet Rin so I took the liberty to take her in the village to two mikos care. I think maybe they can help find her mystery.

Since then I have been watching her from distance, something in her was pulling me to her, like a magnet. One time I sense her scent coming from hot spring. I could not resist the temptation and I have to see her, so I start walking in direction where hot spring was. Serene was so peaceful, she was under water up to neck, clear water still unveil her beautiful curvy body. She notice me but probably think that I have not notice her, I still walk closer. I can not do anything else than admire her beauty, she was like siren who seduce men to their destruction. She got up from the water and start walk towards me, water beads glittered on her skin, full moon make them sparkling even more beautiful. She truly was as beautiful than siren... unless even a goddess. I was unable take my gaze away from her, and I think it was mutual because she was looking straight deep to my eyes, like she can see my soul. She ask me "what do you want?" I can not answer because even I do not know the answer. Then she ask "Where and how did you find me?" I answer her "There was a lightning but no clouds. When the blinding light disappeared you was lying unconscious on the ground." After that I say my thought out loud "What are you." She gave her answer by kissing me, that I did not expect, I feel urge to answer the kiss and deepening it. Then lust consume us and my beast break free.

Sometime at night I woke up and I was alone and only my mokomoko surround me. If I have not been naked I would think all this being only a dream. How she sneak away, that should be impossible.

I take distance from the village and Serene, but the siren's song was pulling me back and I desire her even more. I was promise Rin that I will come to visit her, so I have to go to the village. Rin and Serene was together in garden, I really do not want to get so close to her. What happen month ago is still bothering me and I was afraid that I lose control once again. But why Serene's scent has changed? I need to know is it really coming from her, smell was her own scent mixed with my scent. This cannot be true! She once again read my thoughts and she nod to ensure my assumption. Serene was pregnant... for me! Then Inuyasha had to interfere, he probably know Serene's pregnancy, he also have very accurate sense of smell. He figured it out what was going on and I desire rip his head off. Kagome and Serene was able to stop fight before it get started and I use opportunity to fly off. I have to get off, my head was mess and I have to clear it out.

I swirl the idea a few days. I, Sesshomaru, lord of the western land have fallen pathetic mortal woman... no... she was not pathetic, she was different, strong and independent. I want to protect her and our child, but I cannot look weak chosen human to be my mate... and child who is hanyo. No... child is my blood, it does not matter if he is hanyo. Am I truly fallen that woman, siren... goddess. I have to see her, it is the only way to find the truth and know my true feelings. I return in the village, I want to meet her private, take distance from village. She understand what I wanted, again she was reading me like an open book... extraordinary. But I do not get opportunity to speak because my mother interfere. I have feeling that she know more than she let us understand... This was strange behavior from her. "Wedding shall be in one week on this day on" she said unexpectedly. InuYasha have to pick a fight... once again, but now I really do not want to fight. Wedding, how to I get in this mess. Serene truly are siren, seductress who is taking me to my destruction. "I am willing to help you preparations. Where you want to keep the wedding?" Kagome ask. I have not think that at all. Serene does not have any family in this era, only her friends in this village. I want to keep my palace in secret, at least for now. Only my mother, Jaken and Rin know about it. I answer "here." I do not want to admit that I really need Kagome's help. I have to swallow my pride, it is nonetheless my child and my women who I love... yes, this strange feeling has to be love. "I come back in a week, wedding day morning. Kagome, I trust that everything is in order by then." I say and fly away before my stupid brother open his mouth and say something immature.

Serene'spov

I'm not quite sure how we get in this point. And I notice that Sesshomaru was thinking the same thing. I have notice that when Sesshomaru does not show any emotions, but still I can read him like open book. But he is an inuyokai, that means that he is practically a dog, and I have always read dogs quite well. I understand dogs better than humans, ironic that dog trainer and dog demon are getting married. This might be leading very interesting life here in new world, in the feudal era.

Kagome start preparing wedding immediately, she is little to excited and wedding might come too huge. She want modern and european style weddings, at least I know what is coming. Traditional Japanese weddings would be strange to me, after all I am lived my whole life in North-Europe. That leads my mind ponder the path of destiny, how is northern girl end up in ancient Japan? Am I here because Sesshomaru, are we meant to each other? It explain that feeling what is pulling us together. Is this the destiny what the fortune-teller witch was telling about.