Prologue

I never had it easy. I was teased, and everyone hated me. I was not pretty. Only five three, and two hundred fifteen pounds at age 15. The only people who cared about me were my mother, father, and best friend. Yes I have siblings, but my sister teased me too. I am Isabelle Grey, a werewolf. When werewolves find their mates, they are supposed to love each other unconditionally because of the bond they share. Of course the moon goddess had to give me the most conceded, jerk, jock, popular, and overall asshole of a mate. The future Alpha of my old pack. I'm sure you know where this is going. On his sixteenth birthday, when every male wolf finds their mate, he found me, and rejected me in front of the entire school. I should have seen it coming, no one wants and ugly mate. His words still haunt me every night, and it has been three years.

"You are ugly, fat, and worthless. I can't have anyone like you be my Luna. I, Jake Long, reject you, Isabelle Grey."

Of course after hearing that; I ran home. I packed as much as I could fit into my small bag, and left. I wasn't a rogue for long. Soon enough, Alpha Nick, of the Shadow Moon pack, found me and took me in. They trained me every day. I lost a lot of weight. I am now nineteen, and only one hundred and fifteen pounds. That's mostly muscle. Nick has become my older brother, I never had, but always wanted. He protects me, even though I am now stronger and faster than him. His Beta, Brent, protects me too, but he is always flirting with me. He keeps his boundaries. Everyone knows I don't trust easily. They have made me who I am. I am strong, beautiful, fast, and smart. I am also the third in command of one of the best packs in the world. I am better then Jake. I am better than all of them.