Joining Forces

As we ate dinner, no one knew who to look at. Me, Skylar, Camille, Nick, or Jake. When everyone found out, my mother ran to me. She almost squeezed me to death, and kissed me all over. She did the same to Skylar. She had to explain to everyone how I had a twin sister. Apparently she was taken when I was too young to remember. We were playing in the yard as one year olds, Camille was two, and they snatched up Skylar. By the time my mother and father ran out, it was too late. All they could do was save Camille and I. With help from a witch, they made everyone forget about me having a twin. My father stayed away from me, along with Camille. There were a few times where I would catch her staring at me, with a regretful look on her face. I made sure to steer clear of her. My father had the same look. The dinner table was silent until Skylar spoke up.

"Are you guys always this quiet?" she asked. No one answered her. "I guess so. You know even living with the rogues was less boring than this-"

"You will not speak of them here," I said with agitation slipping into every word I said.

"Look, just because you are my "long lost sister"," she made sure to put quotations around her words. "Doesn't mean I have to like you, or this stupid pack. I'm not like you. I'm not like any of you. Once you get that through your head, the better off we'll be."

"You think that we think that you are like us? None of us think that! You are a burden on our lives and yet we still take you in and care for you. You should be great full! You're being worse than God damn Camille! You can't barge in on our lives and expect us to feel bad for you! Oh poor Skylar, she got kidnapped by rogues. Well you seem God damn fine to me! Obviously fine enough to bitch about being here! Well guess what? If you don't like it, leave." Everyone stared at me in awe. My face was fuming and my hands were slammed down on the table. Skylar had a quick look of shock, but covered it up with a smirk. I pushed the table backwards, making it slam into everyone on the other side, and stormed out of the room. I heard footsteps behind me. My eyes filled with tears. I turned around quickly to see who was dumb enough to come after me. To my surprise, it was Camille. She had tears welled in her eyes as well. She ran up to me, and hugged me. At first I was too shocked to do anything, but when I came to my senses, I realized this was her way of apologizing. I hugged her back, and both of us let the tears flow freely. Her more so than me.

"I missed you," she said in between sobs. "I thought you were dead. I-I'm so," hiccup "sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

"Truce?" I laughed, which only made me cry harder. She laughed too.

"Yeah, truce."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

True to her word, we never fought again. Skylar and I had gotten past las week's episode, but we were still weary around each other. War was coming,  and we knew we had to fight. I had been training them harder then ever.  The battle was set for two days later. We were ready. I let them rest up so they would be prepared physically, and mentally for the days ahead. I walked into Jake's office. I suppose I should give you an update on his situation. Him and Camille broke up. They broke the mating bond, which is one of the most painful things, but they tried to do it in the least hurtful way ever. Help from a witch. We didn't automatically start dating however. It wasn't until a few days ago that we started seeing each other romantically. I kissed his cheek from behind, and he grabbed my arm, pulling me in until it was a "make out session" as Beckett would say. Oh, Beckett. Apparently he was friends with Skylar while in the rogue pack. Well, friends is an understatement. Friends with benefits, possibly. I don't want to get into Beckett and my sister's love life. Beckett joined my pack, so did Skylar. I am still Beta, but after the war, if I live, I promised Jake to become Luna of his pack. Rumor has it Beckett will be taking my place as second. Seth, which is Beta of Jake's pack, has been not so secretly sleeping with Camille. His actual mate. I was actually surprised by this fact. So surpised, that when Camille told me, I spit my coffee all over her. Lily also found her mate. They knew about being mates a while ago, but didn't want to hurt my feelings, or put me under any more stress. Can you guess who it is? If you guessed Nick, you're correct. We will actually be having our rituals of becoming Luna's done together.

"Iz," Jake moaned.

"Yes?"

"We need to get going." I sighed. I knew he was right though. It was the day that we had to meet with the other high ranking packs to discuss strategy. The rogues were building in force, but so were we. We had packs protecting this whole continent, and soon the world. The main battle would be going on here. Where Jake's, Nick's, and another high pack would be fighting their Alpha and their best fighters. We got in our cars, and drove to the Bloodlight pack. We sure did look intimidating. Wearing all black, driving in our sports cars. The Alphas started talking, and a girl who must've been a few years older than myself, came up to me.

"Damn Alphas. Think they know everything. Won't even include me in on the conversation," she said. I chuckled.

"No kidding," I replied. She turned to face me.

"Abigail Black. Luna of the Bloodlight pack." She was pretty, and quite short. She had long blonde hair, and big brown eyes. She was definitely pregnant. Her stomach was the size of a basketball.

"Isabelle Gray, Beta of the Shadow Moon pack, soon to be Luna of the Moonstone pack."

"Pleasure to meet you. I wonder who thought of the good idea to make last names colors." I shrugged.

"Someone artistic." She laughed.

"Due to pop out any day now," she said as she noticed me glancing at her stomach. She rubbed it lovingly. "Still pissed that I can't fight, but even my husband is wary of leaving me alone."

"Boy or girl?"

"Boy. We have a few name options, but nothing is set in stone." I nodded. Alpha Luke, her husband, walked over to us and placed a kiss on his wife's cheek.

"Hi, sweety," she said.

"Hey," he answered warmly. He turned to me. "Alpha Luke Black. You must be Miss Isabelle Gray." I shook his hand, and bowed my head in recognition.

"It will he a pleasure to be fighting with you." He looked confused.

"You're fighting?"

"Yes...?"

"By the way it sounded I didn't think you were." I narrowed my eyes.

"Who says?"

"The Alphas. They had agreed that you wouldn't be fighting this due to the new found hatred from the rogue girl."

"Aly wanted me to join her, but she doesn't hate me. I am their strongest fighter, and they think they can keep me on the sidelines?" I started to storm up to them, but Alpha Luke grabbed my arm. Without thinking, I twisted it around, and slammed him to the ground. My eyes softened. "I'm so sorry." I helped him up just as the others started jogging towards us.

"Everything alright?" Jake asked. I sauntered up to him, snaking around until my lips were to his ear.

"Jake, honey, someone mentioned that you were not allowing me to fight." I felt him fidget.

"Well-" I grabbed his ear and pulled him towards the ground.

"I will fight Jake whether you like it or not. You do not control me. You do not tell me what I can and can not do. And you definitely do not plan things about me behind my back." I let go of him and he dropped to the ground. The Alphas forced back a laugh, but Abigail was full on giggling. I glanced at Nick. "Don't think you're off the hook Nicky poo. The same rules apply to you." He turned red. I was going to miss this. Joking around. Because I knew that after the war, nothing would be the same.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧
Hey! I'm back! No pun intended. I know I've been letting everyone down, so I've decided to start up on my stories again. I know this chapter was slow and short, but I have big things planned. I promise. So, Camille and Izzy made up! Go ahead and share your opinions on this. Anyway, I was thinking of having a contest for ship names. Jake and Isabelle. Skylar and Beckett. Lily and Nick. Seth and Camille. Even Abigail and Luke. Sorry if I don't make it easy. I hope you liked it! Have a nice day!
~Kenzie