Father didn't show any signs of emotion and I wondered if he was permitting me to find Caesar.

"What is this ape's name?" He asked and I immediately signed "Caesar"

"We shall find this Caesar and then I'll have to have a long discussion with him concerning you"

I gulped, for some reason that alone made me winds if Caesar was going to be initiated if he was to be trusted or not.

***

The scouts, my family along with my brother and I searched for any signs of apes in the forest.

All the while, Ryker kept asking/hooting me in constant questions.

"What kind of ape is Caesar?"

"Chimpanzee..."

"Is he male?"

"The name fits the description"

"What's he like?"

"Curious, kind, has the inner fire of leadership"

"Do you like him?"

"Will you stop asking question Ryker?! We're on a mission here!"

"Finding your mate isn't a mission Kira"

"Why you -!"

Julius sighed in both annoyance and amusement. It had been so long since he heard Ryker bicker like that.

Kira...you really caused an impact to the ape family.

A loud hoot caught their attention and a lone ape pointed to the direction of...hooting sounds?

Caesar?!

I charged across the trees and came upon the ape group I had grown to care about and saw the said ape leader looking forlorn and lost.

"Caesar!"

I hooted wildly when the scouts suddenly surrounded the apes. Surprising both Caesar and I.

***

Caesar tensed as he saw apes not from his group pointing spears and all kinds of weaponry made from wood at them.

The apes behind him hooted in fear as the apes above the trees gave them suspicious looks.

"Stop! Wait!"

Caesar's eyes widen, there was only one female he knows that could make hooting sounds like that.

***

I waved my arms wildly and started hooting at the scouts to stop. Really, at the first sign of something they don't know, they began firing.

The scouts looked at me and lowered their weapons though that kept an eye out for the apes behind Caesar.

I swung down and raised my hand to the scouts to lower their weapons and stand guard.

My father, mother, brother and uncle stood behind me as I made my way over to Caesar.

***

Once Kira emerged from the trees, the first thing Caesar noticed was Kira's accessories.

She was wearing a flower crown with flower vines that hung onto the end and flowed down to her hair.

A necklace hung on her neck with different kinds of animal teeth strung on the thread.

Instead of the usual leafy green outfit he saw her on when he first met her, she was wearing a white flowered outfit which contested to her fair skin.

All in all, she looked like...

A princess...

He noticed a few apes behind Kira as she slowly walked towards him.

"Caesar..." She signed slowly and Caesar snapped out of his thoughts and drew her to a hug. Not caring the apes above the trees suddenly tightened their hold on their weapons.

***

I smiled when he pulled me to a hug but the apes on the trees suddenly tightened their hold on their weapons.

Geez....

I broke the hug and hooted "friends, they are friends!" I saw my family slowly walk towards me and the apes behind me.

"Greetings, my  is Julius and this is my mate, Amelia. We are the leaders of this herd"

I leaned towards Caesar and whispered "they are also my parents" Caesar's eyes widen as he bowed a bit in respect.

Mother smiled at him "we wanted to thank you for taking care of our little chimp during our captivity"

"What happened?" Caesar asked, getting curious.

"Ambushed by two legs. Got taken to a two legged facility and started experimenting on us" Ryker hooted grimly and I winded when he slowly touched the scar marks on his chest.

"At least we all escaped the humans. That much I am thankful for"

My mother signed and the apes hooted in agreement. Caesar suddenly asked "are you here to take Kira home?"

I think my breathing circulation was suddenly cut off because I made a choking sound at the back if my throat. If I was going back home, I might never get to see Caesar and the rest again.

But if I go with Caesar, I might never see my family again.

I found myself stuck between two deadly decisions, each giving me a big heartache.

To be with Caesar or to be with my family.