- III

NAGISA |

          he thought he was an idiot, realizing that he could just do that only now. nagisa clasped his hand on his forehead, kind of like a facepalm. "you idiot..." he muttered to himself.

          setting his foot onto the wooden floor, nagisa thought of changing his clothes. people would call him a crazy girl for running around in the streets at eleven in the night, clad in an oversized jacket, baggy shirt and shorts, and carrying a bag that they'll probably think would have drugs inside. nagisa walked over to his closet, and opened the white door, revealing neatly folded and hung shirts and pants, and possibly a few girly outfits here and there.

         his hand reached out for some casual clothing. to top it off, he put on a black hoodie over his shirt. he didn't bother to tie his hair into pigtails, cause if he did, there'd be two bulges in his hood when he'd wear it. instead, he just untangled his hair with a comb.

           nagisa grabbed a small navy blue backpack from under his vanity desk. inside he shoved his wallet with enough yen to survive, some toiletries, a few medicine, more than two snack bags, his cellphone, an extra set of clothes, and he couldn't forget his anti-sensei weapons from class 3-e in order to not get caught by his room-inspecting mom. "this should be enough," nagisa takes another look in his bag. "enough to survive."

          the bag was slung over nagisa's shoulder, and he rose to his feet. directing his gaze towards the door, he started walking, confident that this escape plan would work. he left the room, closing the door behind him and making sure there was no sound. passing through the living room was a piece of cake, since he was sneaky, and in no time, nagisa was by the door to out of his apartment.

          he slipped his dainty feet into white socks and sneakers, and interlaced the shoestrings together to secure each shoe. his hand moved up to the strap of his backpack, and the other slowly opened the door. the opened door revealed an open corridor, exposed to the outside world. once he stepped outside his apartment, he felt a chilly breeze sweep across his bangs.

          there was probably no turning back now. nagisa closed the door, once again making sure no sound escaped it, and proceeded to go downstairs. as he paced towards the elevator, the night sky intrigued him. everything was dark, shrouded in black and hints of violet, but there goes the saying stars shine brightest in the dark. the perpetual crescent moon was a cheshire cat's grin.

         when he finally reached the elevator, a finger pressed a button. the elevator doors slid open with a ding. nagisa stepped into the elevator, bringing the bag strap that was going to fall closer to his shoulder. to his satisfaction, he rolled up the sleeves of his jacket.

          the next ding alerted nagisa, and the doors slid open once more, showing the ground floor. nagisa left the elevator and gave it one more look. after so long, a smile tugged at the corners of lips. the strap of his backpack kept slipping off his shoulder, and he grunted in irritation.

          his eyes moved to the building's entrance. it was his way out of this living hell. blue eyes glinted with determination, and he opened the doors, cool air hitting his face again. exiting the building was so easy, and a huge weight was removed from nagisa's shoulders. now, it was time to find where he'd be leaving to. he'd probably find a hotel, or maybe he could live with his depressing father instead. his father lived rather far from the area though, but nagisa knew by heart where he should be going.