Three

Christine dropped the pregnancy test. Her mouth hung agape as she stood frozen in the bathroom in front of me. She blinked at me and ran out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm right here!" I put the test back in the garbage can then slowly walked out of the bathroom.

"Rich! You're awake! Are you feeling okay?" Jeremy sat his bag on the floor and walked over to me. I tried my best not to flinch when he pulled me into a hug.

"Oh, sorry, not a hugger, I forgot." He gave me an "I'm sorry" smile and backed away.

"I'm okay, my head just hurts." Jeremy nodded and turned to Christine.

"Have you two eaten lunch yet? We could go somewhere." Christine snapped out of her daze and smiled at Jeremy.

"That's a good idea! Let's help Rich clean up first." Jeremy looked back at me and laughed slightly. He motioned me to follow and led me towards his room. He opened a box and threw a shirt at me.

"Jake gave this to me a while ago in case you ever stayed here drunk." The shirt was sleeveless and had a light gray color with a picture of Kanye West on the front. He knows me too well. I smiled at the shirt and hugged it to my chest.

"There's a comb and hair brush in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, feel free to use them." I smiled at Jeremy and walked to the bathroom. I opened the medicine cabinet so I wouldn't see my chest when I took my shirt off. My scars haven't faded even from years of treatment. I don't like looking at them. They bring back bad memories. Jake always says that I should just accept them and learn to love them, but that's hard to do. It's hard to ignore them when they're on my arms and face. Jake tells me that I'm beautiful with or without them and I just smile and nod. All I can think about is Jake. Jake Jake Jake. I need to talk to him. I need to tell him how I feel. I have to tell him that I'm not mad and that I support him. I can't have him thinking that I hate him. Jeremy knocked on the door and it snapped me out of my daze.

"Rich? Are you okay?" I slapped my face and put my shirt on then opened the door. Jeremy stepped back, not expecting me to open the door.

"Are you okay?" He looked at me with concern in his eyes. Jeremy cares about me, I know he does, but I don't want him worrying about me and Jake.

"I'm good." I gave him the best fake smile that I could muster. The look on his face showed that he didn't buy the smile. His eyebrows were raised in the arched manner that showed that he knew I was lying underneath the smile I shown. He watched me from the corner of his eye as he walked towards the front room. My feet followed his as I walked behind him. Christine sat on the couch and organized the coffee table. She gave me that warm smile she always had on her face, a look of happiness but yet care. The smile that could comfort anyone in need. The smile that can melt even the coldest of hearts. Christine's smile is one of the only things that can bring light in a dark place. I know it's a bit much, but it's all true.

"You boys ready?" I smiled at her, it was another fake smile but to some extent it wasn't fake. Smiling at Christine can never be truly fake. Jake's jacket was slung on the back of the couch. I quickly grabbed it and put it on before following Jeremy and Christine out the door.