Chapter 2: The Truth and Away

Start from the beginning

And then, I saw Eric driving you home. I asked him a little about you today. He said that you seemed tired and strange. You heard voices that he didn’t and you also assumed that he was the one who spoke it. He said you two had a little fight. So, that’s when I’m sure that your power is back.’

‘Alright. This is so far than I thought. But wait. You told me that mom changed time and you moved out. You’re on her plan but she may still alive!’

‘I don’t know that your mom’s still alive or not. But if she was, I think she found us now. But you know, she begged me to make you stay out of this. I couldn’t do anything except try to live normal.’

‘That’s okay, dad. I understand. Does Charlie know?’

‘No. He still thought that mom left us like I told you before.’

‘And does he have power?’

‘I don’t think so. Your mom didn’t tell me about him.’

‘So. What are we going to do with this?’

‘This, what?’

‘This whole things. Mom. The Dark. Power. Me.’

‘Stay the same. Live your normal life like your mom wants you to’

‘No! Are you serious?! They killed my mom and you just want me to sit down and live. I can’t do that! I have to find her!’

‘No! You can’t, Ches! Listen to me! They are powerful. They killed people. You weren’t raised like the others who can use the power very swiftly.’

‘But – but they got my mom. She may live.’

‘I know, I know. Come here, my little girl.’

‘I’m the reason mom had to sacrifice herself to protect me.’

‘No, don’t think like that. Your mom was the bravest woman I’d ever known. In some ways, she’s going to stop it. Don’t do anything that will waste your mother’s dedication. She may be alive but she doesn’t want you to go find her.’

I lied on my bed, looking at the ceiling. My room wasn’t totally dark. There’s light from the moon and the fluorescent stars. I really loved these stars. They gave me the feeling that I wasn’t alone when I was. They made me feel like I was in the space. Hollow but filled, silent but peace. I liked this time of the day when the outside was completely dark and silent. It was almost three a.m. now. I hadn’t been sleeping since I separated with my dad. Today, I knew too many things about my life. I didn’t know where to start and what to do. I hated those guys who forced my mom to protect me. I hated that I was born special from others. I hated it when I didn’t know what to do about these complicated things.

I didn’t want to break the commitment that my dad gave to her. I knew it was his best to protect me since he couldn’t do anything except this but I didn’t want to just stay quiet and live as same as tomorrow. I knew why my mom’s gone and I was going to be the one who took her back. I had faith that she’s still alive.

I repeated thinking about all these things again and again. I decided to stuff my things into my backpack. I took shirts and jeans, clothes that were easy to wear and lingerie. I wrote a note to my dad, telling him that he didn’t have any reason to go find me. It’s my decision to make. I would take care of myself and I was sorry for unable to keep his promise with mom. I didn’t tell him what my plan was but if I could be alive, I would be back for him. I took a bath after things were packed. I decided to take my car with me. I went into the garage, threw everything inside the car. I opened the garage’s gate and pushed the car out. I shoved it until I was sure that it’s far enough to start the engine. I ran back and closed the garage’s gate. I looked at the house one more time. I climbed inside and started the engine.