Chapter 5

I Will Save You (A Sterek Fan Fiction)

       All characters belong to the directors and writers of Teen Wolf

      and MTV. Pre-plot belongs to Teen Wolf. Plot and certain items

      along with the after plot of the Teen Wolf show was created by

                                 CSwartz.

Chapter 5

       Derek stood behind Scott a little ways. His wolf still hadn't gotten used to his place in his-the pack since he gave up his alpha power to save Cora. He didn't for one minute regret saving his sister but now he's fighting his wolf and himself every minute. Fucking Stiles.  

       How could he do this to him? Making him his anchor. It didn't help that Derek had been fighting the instinct since he first met the damn kid. Now, sitting in his armchair, watching him fight is harder than any fight Derek has been in. It wasn't that Derek didn't like seeing that Stiles could take care of himself, but he liked it when he could save him, or a mutual saving since that's what always ended up happening anyway. It was Derek's way of making sure he could show Stiles that he cared about what happened to him.  

       Stiles blocked everything that the pack threw at him. His arms crossed against his chest with a smirk on his face. After he first did it, you could see the absolute disbelief on his face and then a brightening happened. He shone like a star. Isaac lowly murmured to the wolves that it happened when he talked to his dad at his house. 

       Derek snapped out of his reverie when Lydia walked forward and glared at Stiles. 

       "You're only doing defensive spark stuff. You need to start working on the offensive. If you're dead set on attacking the Chimaera you need to work on using that. Along with the hunters-" 

       "Lydia I don't want to seriously injure people. I can barely hold on to the fact that I'm going to have to kill something. I don't want people on my conscious either." 

       Derek felt himself walk towards Stiles before registering what was happening. He rested his hand on his shoulder. 

       "Sometimes you don't have a choice. It's between you or them and you should always pick you. Always, Stiles." 

       Everyone nodded in agreement. Stiles' shoulders raised heavily with his sigh.  

       "Fine. Which one of the wolves wants in on this action?" 

       Everyone looked at Derek and he scowled. He quickly removed his hand from Stiles' shoulder and crossed his arms. 

       "Why me? Can't I have five minutes without getting attacked?" 

       Ethan looked at him and smiled brightly, probably channeling his inner Danny. 

       "You have the most experience between the wolves. That leaves me, Aiden, Peter and you. None of us trust Peter enough to do it, I don't trust Aiden to not get annoyed and then go for a kill shot-" 

       Everyone looked at Aiden and he shrugged. 

       "-and I don't want to accidentally hurt him really bad. You and Stiles already have bad blood and fighting between you two." 

       Stiles looked at the wall behind everyone. 

       "That makes sense. Derek?"