"Peter, how long?" You asked, standing up and beginning to pace like he had been before, "I mean, how did this even happen?"

He began to explain to you the spider bite, how his uncle died, how he made his make-shift suit and decided to fight crime and save lives every night. You listened in silence, still not meeting his eyes and he continued to tell you every detail he could.

"Y/N, please, say something. Anything," he said desperately, making you glance at him to finally make eye contact.

You wanted to tell him how terrified you were. You wanted to tell him you couldn't live without him. You wanted to tell him how much you loved him, and how much it hurt that he didn't seem to feel the same. You wanted to tell him all of that, but instead you bit your lip, letting out a sigh.

"I'm proud of you, Peter," you managed to say, stepping forward and giving him a hug. He held you back tightly, letting out a sigh of relief. "And I'm really glad you told me. You shouldn't have to carry this burden on your own."

"Thank you," he mumbled into your hair, making you smile a bit. Maybe you couldn't tell him now, but perhaps someday, you would be able to.

The second time was when you got accepted to a college nearly two hours from Queens. It was senior year, Liz was long gone and Peter seemed to have gotten over her. He planned to stay in New York, defend Queens as Spider-Man. You didn't want to be too far away, still hung up over him, but you also didn't want to be in Queens anymore.

"You're late," you chided as Peter walked up to you sitting at a table at your favourite cafe, a grin on his face.

"Only by five minutes," he replied as he sat down on a chair across from you. "You look excited. Did they announce a comeback season of Jersey Shore?"

"Shut up!" you smacked his arm while he laughed, "You know I only used to watch that cause it made me feel better about myself. They were all pathetic!"

"Oh, sure, Y/N/N," he chuckled, the sound making you smile despite pretending to be annoyed with him. You could never stay mad at him for long. "So, why are you in such a good mood?"

"Can't I just be in a good mood because my best friend finally has time for me?" You asked cheekily, sipping your drink while he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"You know I try," he said, giving you a look, "It's not easy."

"I'm just teasing," you smiled, even though it did hurt whenever he had to cancel plans or just flat out forgot. But you couldn't be mad at him for that, knowing he was out helping people.

"I actually got some really good news today," you slid an envelope towards him, biting your lip as you did so. He raised an eyebrow and took it, opening it up for your sake, even though he totally knew what was in there.

"You got accepted?" He asked, a wide smile on his lips as you nodded excitedly. 

He stood up and came around to you, pulling you into a giant hug and spinning you around while you laughed, trying not to get dizzy. When he finally set you down, he kept his hands on your waist, grinning down at you.

"I knew you could do it," he said proudly, making you blush lightly. "I'm not excited that you'll be a whole two hours from everyone, but I'm really happy for you, Y/N."

"Thank you," you smiled back, and then there was a silence while you two both stared at each other. Oh how badly you wanted to blurt those words out right then and there. All you had to do was say three words, but the fear of what might happen next caused you to clear your throat and step out of his grip awkwardly, shooting him a small smile.