18. What if?

4 months later.

Makeely's POV

"Makeely I'm concerned about your performances lately. Is everything alright? You don't seem to be happy a lot anymore." My boss looked at me.

"I just miss my family." I shrugged jotting down lyrics in my songbook.

It had been three months since I'd seen Rachel, or Ethan. Grayson and I broke up a couple weeks into my tour. We thought it was for the best.

"I'm sorry." I roll my eyes.

"Sorry won't fix how I feel Lola." She shrank back when I snapped at her. I sighed.

"I'm sorry Lola. I just really miss them. I wish they would let me take them on tour." She nodded.

I talked to Rachel almost everyday. Though she seemed to be busy a lot. Ethan and her were still together and didn't have any big fights that I know of, only small ones here and there. It made me happy to know that Rachel was happy. But I was upset too, she had the love of her life. No one could take that away from her.

I missed Grayson with every second of everyday. It killed me knowing he was back in Northern Ireland. I was in la, for the American leg of the tour.

It had been 5 months since my hit single blew up the charts. Starting the sensation of my career.

I didn't intend for all of this to happen. Of course, it was my dream, but it happened too fast. I got signed to a record label and before I knew it, I was thrown on a tour bus.

It was great. At first. But then I started missing everything back home. Rachel. Ethan. And even Grayson.

I have my career to blame for the end of our relationship.

"Makeely! Ah! There you are. Your boyfriend is waiting downstairs for you. You guys are going to a club so I suggest you change." I sigh. No. He was not my boyfriend. He was a publicity stunt to make me look better. Though he was very nice. He too was thrown into the relationship but the record label.

His name was Jack. Jack Gilinksy to he exact. He was a singer with his best friend Jack Johnson, and together they were jack and jack.

I walked into my bedroom part of the penthouse/hotel room and looked through my clothes.

I finally picked out my outfit and smiled.

I really loved this dress

I really loved this dress. When I was done I threw my hair up into a messy bun, pulling out strands.

Finally I went on to makeup

Finally I went on to makeup. It was sadly a must that I wore fake eyelashes for some reason. But I still managed.

When I was done

When I was done. I slipped on my heals and headed out the door. Walking to the elevator.

"You look amazing." Jack smiled as I walked over to him exiting the hotel.

I smiled.

"And you look very handsome." He smiled back at me at that, taking my hand and and helping me into the limo.

Throughout the entire "relationship" we had actually built a very strong friendship. Though we weren't in love, we had to kiss. Which neither of us were too happy about. We both have other people in our lives that we loved.

"Keely?" I looked up to him, his voice shaking me out of my thoughts.

I hummed in response.

"You alright? You're shaking your leg really hard." He knew that was a habit of mine whenever I got nervous.

"What if- what if when this whole stunt it over, the people we love get hurt? What if we don't get them back?" I muttered.

"Shh keels it's okay. We'll get them back. I promise." I actually loved the nicknames he had given me. But I missed the way Ethan called me kiwi. Even though I didn't love him like that. He was like a brother to me.

"We're here." The driver says and I can already see the paps cameras from the tinted windows going off, trying to get a glimpse of the two of us.

"Ready?" He questioned locking his hand in mine.

"Ready."

*

The club was like any other club. Boring and I had no love for it at all so when jack told me we would be leaving I couldn't have been happier.

He took my hand right before we left the club. The camera flashes immediately started going off the second we stepped foot outside.

They shouted questions at us.

"Are you guys getting married?"

"Are you expecting a baby?"

"Makeely! Are you cheating on Grayson Dolan with Gilinksy?" That one had set it off for me. My head started spinning and jack had noticed.

"Jack please get me out of here."

________________

Kinda different chapter. Let me know what you think. Haha

Dedicated to InternetGirl8826 💕