Chapter 14

*Mean while in the house*

Dre's P.O.V

I didn't understand why J lie about saying he was going to go see a friend, I know he just doesn't want to tell Dad about his girlfriend or whatever they are to each other, just don't appreciate when he lies to Dad. He has done everything he possibly could for us.

"Dre" I hear my dad said as he closes the the door. I didn't said anything I just kept walking and walked into the kitchen. "Dre answer me" he walks in behind me.

I just look at him and nod my head I wait there for him to say something else other then my name "Dre what the hell is wrong with you" I just lean against the counter.

"I don't know Dad" I just shrugged my shoulders and look at my hands "I just- I don't like it when he doesn't tell us anything"

"Dre you can't get mad at him either" he leans on the other side of the counter.

"Dad I don't try to get mad at him I just don't want him not telling us anything" he looks at me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Dre listen you used to do the same exact thing when you were his age, I appreciate you care for him so much but you can't get him to said anything without pressuring him or forcing him it's going to take time I know this because you did the same exact thing but look at us now you talk to me and let me know things he just to figure it out for himself understand?"

I just look down because I know he is right about everything,"I understand"he grabs my head and pulls me into a hug.

"I am proud of you son for everything watching out for your brother, keeping your grades up, and doing what you love and look how far you are and the man you are today. Proud of you" he tells me as he hugs me I just hug him right back. "Okay since that's out of the way how about another round before your Uncle come" he lets go and gives me a smirk

"Alight get ready to get beat pops" he laughs and pushes me towards the living room.

*That Night*

Trey's P.O.V

Knock knock!!!

"DRE, DOOR" I yelled as I get the everything else ready for tonight. But the knocking did stop "DRE-" he walks downstairs on the phone. He puts his hand over the phone.

"Pops chill I heard you the first time" he walks over to the door I continued do what I am doing "HEY ANDRE IS HERE" Andre walks into the kitchen, Dre walks back up stairs

"Man you ain't the food ready yet" I turn around at look at him.

"Fool I am trying to teach my kids how to cook"

"Don't seem like it, you got one on the phone and where's the other one at?"

"They got names Andre but J is out with a friend so he probably won't be back in till later"

"Wait what, his 15 and you let him stay out late"

"I know you are not trying to give me parenting advice"

"I am just saying Trey is only 15 you got to think about it his still a-" the front door opens then closes and J walks in the kitchen "well damn we were just talking about you"

"Oh well, Dad can I talk to you" he walks into the living room. Dre walks down stairs "Pops can we start-" he sees J in the living but shakes his head and goes to Andre. I go the e living room.

"So what you need to talk to me about J"

He looks at me then back down at his hands "Are you mad at me for not telling you"