Chapter 8: Reunion

(A/N) Firstly, I want thank you all for 100+ reads! One of the highlights of every week is writing for all of you! Secondly, I WATCHED DIVERGENT TODAY AND IT WAS SO AWESOMLY DAUNTLESS-CAKING AMAZING!!!! I MEAN I HAVE A REASONABLY HIGH STANDARD BUT STILL, I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! Now for the chapter...

TRIS

"Marlene?"

"Yeah, it's me, deal with it," she says, grinning. I find myself grinning back.

I hug her really tight and she yelps a little so I let go. Christina comes to see, and I think I see some sadness on her face, but I don't know why, so I ignore it. Marlene hugs Christina and she half-heartedly hugs her back.

"What? How? Aren't you supposed to be d-" she cuts me off,

"Dead? Yeah, well, I'm not. I'll explain later. Where's Uri?" She asks, nervously.

"He's in Tobias and my apartment," I say.

"Oh, living together and all, huh? Got over your fear then?" I find myself blushing.

"You told her?" I say to Christina through gritted teeth. She nods, chuckling.

In an effort to change the topic, I say, "Come on, I'll take you to him! Follow me,"

I leave Christina's room with her and Marlene, and we reach my door.

"How do I look?" She ask, tucking her hair behind her ears and brushing invisible dirt off her jeans.

"You look fine, I promise!" I say, laughing. I tell her to knock on the door because it will be more surprising, even though I have a key.

"Apartment 46? That's so cheesy!" She scoffs.

"Yeah, that's what I told Tobias."

She knocks on the door and I hear Uriah call to Tobias that he'll open the door. He does and the look on his face is priceless. His jaw literally almost touches the floor, his eyebrows almost touching his brow line and his eyes popping out of his sockets.

"Marlene?" He asks softly. It's more like a croak than an actual word.

"Yeah, Uri. It's me," she says, just as quietly. They just stand there staring at each other for a second, before I clear my throat of all the awkwardness blocking it, making it hard to breath.

Uriah shakes his head and he takes a step forward, hesitantly. Marlene nods her head, almost saying that it's okay to approach. Then they kiss. It looks more like they're eating each other, starting at the lips.

I look at Christina. She is standing uncomfortably, looking for other things to concentrate on, waiting for this moment to finish. I can't even understand how disappointed she must be feeling. Just when they were going to go out, the love of his life comes back from the dead.

That sounds pretty bad.

This goes on for about 5 to 10 agonising and very uncomfortable minutes before Zeke and Tobias come to the door to see what's going on.

"Hold your horses, big guy. Save it for when you are alone or, married or something," Zeke says, pulling Uriah's shoulders, forcing him to pull apart from Marlene. Even then they stare at each other longingly.

"Marlene?" Zeke and Tobias ask together.

"Why does everyone say the same thing? No 'oh, we missed you so much, Marlene!' or 'we can't live with out you Marlene! or 'we love you so much Marlene, you're so hot!'" She says, in a exhaustion tone. We all laugh.

"Oh, we did not miss you so much Marlene! We can live with out you Marlene! We hate you so much Marlene, you're so hot!" Zeke mimics.

"Why did you keep the last thing the same?" She asks, mock suspicious.