The thought went sour quickly, as it traced back to my own past, and I quickly forced it from my mind, focusing my energy on the boy. Bad memories weren't the way to go, and it was never smart when my job was to keep an eye on a troubled superhero.

The fight didn't last long and soon the boy fell back to the ground, breathing heavily as he shot one last web towards the only person who stayed - surprisingly, he hadn't bothered to go after the runaways, but I supposed it wasn't important to him. He tore through the box that had been tightly clenched to the lone stray's chest, then gave a barely audible gasp as he learned it was empty. However, he seemed to pay it no mind, and turned away, raising his head and mumbling curses under his breath that his beloved Aunt would not be happy about. 

I sighed and turned away, readjusting the uniform that coated my lithe frame and began to make my way out. I didn't bother to wait around; my job was done, and it was my turn to return back to my keeper victorious and thus reap my reward. Not that a reward with Inga was really anything more than the gift of eating that night, but it would be enough for me.

"Who are you?"

I turned immediately back and stared at the unmasked boy, who had finished the job and stood amongst the 'parcels', doe eyes widened at the sight of me. Apparently, he had much better vision than any of us imagined, and although every bit of skin was covered, he still now knew that while he fought there was a figure watching him - a figure about his size and height.

The boy stepped closer, floorboards creaking more and more each time, arms outstretched as if he was soothing a wild deer in risk of bolting away. "Okay, wait, hold on, I don't mean you any-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I was whirling away to flee, flinging myself off of the railing and onto the fire escape, hopping down thrice and then into the street below. I landed badly with my ankle throbbing as it hit the pavement, but the pain was ignored and I kept running - it was not the time to be a child and cry about a scratch. The more important task in my hands was getting away from Peter, preferably, all in one piece. I could worry about a surface wound later.

"Hey!" the boy called, whizzing through the air behind me. He seemed to be over the initial shock factor thrown when he saw me and was now hot on my heels, yelling almost illegible words into the wind. "Wait!"

Foolish boy; as if anyone in their right mind would just turn right back around after hearing that. I sneered, glancing back just to pace myself, and kept going, sliding around a corner and trying to figure out the best route to get out of here. He was faster than me with the aid of his webs, and I didn't have much of a chance of outrunning him - not if I wasn't careful.

"Who...are...you?"

Peter didn't seem to grasp the idea of a chase, apparently.

A surprised shriek flew out of my mouth as I was knocked to the pavement; the boy, finally coming to at least one of his senses, had pushed into me and knocked me to the ground, quickly tumbling down after. I rolled away and readied fists, hurriedly scanning the alley we had rolled into for a way out - which, unfortunately, didn't lead to many options.

"Wow," the boy wheezed, getting up from his position. He staggered a bit before shaking his head and raising hesitant fists. "You're...you're good."

I didn't answer his passing comment, still backing away. My eyes didn't leave him, but it was out of wariness and not curiosity, for though Peter Parker was a kind, quiet, shy soul who wouldn't hurt a fly - from what I knew, at least - Spiderman was a whole other story. The fact that I was a cloaked figure with no features showing didn't help my case much either, especially after watching him take care of criminals time and time again.