No. 1 Party Anthem

Start from the beginning

"I don't have anything to say to him, Xander." I coldly responded.

If I acknowledged him, I wouldn't be able to get rid of him again and I would fall back into old bad habits: him. I felt so sure of that and I wasn't going to slip back into his trap. Luke wouldn't have it. I was certain Luke wouldn't be afraid to throw a few punches if he even saw me stare at Dick tonight. Luke hated violence, but he would make an exception for Dick.

"Maybe he's changed. I strongly believe people do change." Xander tried to uplift the situation which was not helping. At all. He was most likely just tired of me being so alone and my only actual friend being Luke.

"Dick is incapable of changing, always has been." I reminded.

Xander gave me a little push, "Just go, there's nothing wrong with trying." Though, I already knew how this situation was going to go.

I finally surrendered as I promised myself I wouldn't put up a fight with anyone today. But, if anything happened I might just damage Xander's pretty face, ruining his life and his reputation in Malibu.

"You look marvelous, blossom." Dick stood up from his seat, taking my hand in his and placing a kiss above my knuckles.

"Thanks." I held in a grimace towards the nickname and the gesture. I wasn't sure how I ever managed to end up with the nickname "blossom," but I accepted the compliment, even though my mind wanted me to come back with a sarcastic remark. "You too, I guess."

"How've you been?" He took his seat, offering me the space next to him.

"Lovely." A fucking wreck, actually. "Very lovely." I declined the seat by resting my hands on the top of it, resting my weight on it and looking at him like he was stupid.

He nodded in content, then began speaking about college. He was studying to become a doctor at Columbia University. He probably fucked his way into Columbia because I didn't ever remember him having the grades to be accepted into an Ivy League school.

"I leave on the third back to New York because classes start-up again on the sixth." He placed his hand over mine, dragging his thumb over my skin. "I'd like to catch up."

No.

"I miss you. You're all I've been able to think about while I'm away."

"Hey, Talia," Luke's voice startled me, but I couldn't be happier to have him interrupt. "Calum's asking for you and Michael wants to know why you never texted him back like seven months ago."

I chuckled, Michael had slipped me his number secretly awhile ago and I texted him out of boredom, but stopped replying after five texts because I didn't know what to say back to him.

"Luke." Dick and Luke shared a firm handshake, it almost looked like a competition over who had the better grip. "You two are still friends?"

"Yup." Luke and I replied in unison.

"Siblings now, you could say." I rose to my feet.

"That's right," Dick pointed at Luke. "You're the grooms brother." He grunted. "I'm surprised you two didn't ruin the wedding with whatever you guys had going on. I'm really surprised."

Dick had always been suspicious about my relationship with Luke. He would get jealous often if I chose to hang out with Luke over him, he even made a few accusations of me cheating on him with the younger boy.

"I've told you before, it was never like that." I crossed my arms.

"I'm stealing her away now." Luke placed a hand on the small of my back, guiding me away from the toxicity. "What the hell, Talia?"