But there was something about Liam, that I felt just by looking at him, they way he practically saved me out there, I knew somehow he was different. So I gave a deep sigh, and started from the beginning, of how I met Naomi, and how she became like my sister. I had to admit, his facial expressions along the way were hilarious, gasping wide eyed at my recollections of Ms. Brooks, and chuckling as I mentioned our hushed screams watching their live performances, conveniently leaving out the part that I was obsessed with Louis. I winced telling the last part, realizing my own stupidity was never an easy thing for me.

He looked down, “I don’t blame you for wanting to find your birth mother,” he glanced upwards, slowly meeting my eyes, “I can’t imagine what it would be like, having a huge part of your life just missing like that.”

I nodded, staring out the window.

“C’mon,” he stepped outside, opening my door for me, “Let’s get you some gummy worms!” he cheered gleefully.

****

The room was plenty spacious. most of it being occupied by a king sized bed, facing an immaculate flat screen TV probably longer than my bed back at home.  I stood near the door, my eyes scanning the room, my glance finally resting at what was the glorious sight of Liam Payne lying propped up on the bed I was to be sleeping in later, biting off the head of a large sugar coated gummy worm. The huge box he’d ordered from room service was at easy access to him, as he’d already polished off half the box.

“Jeez, I’m starting to eat like Niall!” He laughed, setting the box aside. He noticed me watching him, and he gingerly patted the spot on the bed next to him, “You can sit! Trust me, I don’t bite!”

“I don’t know,” I sighed sarcastically as I sat down, “From the way you bit of the heads of those gummy worms, you looked like a killing machine,”

He chuckled, and pulled out his iPhone, checking the time. “I’ll have to get going soon,” he yawned. “It’s a shame, the beds here are so comfortable, I wouldn’t mind staying.” He sat up, his face turning deep red, slowly registering his words. “I’m so sorry!” he cried, “I honestly didn’t mean it like that! Besides, I’m sure you probably have a boyfriend back home...” he trailed off.

My brain was numb, not quite processing what just happened, “Actually... I don’t,”I answered honestly. I couldn’t help but think of Naomi, she would probably pass out right now If she were in my position. “I actually know someone who would be perfect for you,” I subtly suggested.

“Really?!” he seemed surprised, “Well, you should set me up sometime, Miss Matchmaker Spencer,” he sat up, kissed me on the forehead. ‘Oohkaay, Spencer... You’re ovaries seriously can’t handle this much abuse.’  My head was about to explode from holding back all this inner fangirl. He grabbed the box of gummy worms, sneaking one last bite.

“Have a good night, love!” he called out the door, “I’ll let you know if I need any help destroying more gummy worms!” he winked, then I heard the door click close behind him.

I ran to the door and pressed my ear against it, straining to hear the distant elevator door shut.  After a few seconds I collapsed onto the bed, screaming into the pillow with his cologne scent still lingering. ‘Ohmyfuckinggod. Did this really just happen?’  I just laid there, not quite sure how to react to what just happened. How were you supposed to react to Liam Payne saving you off the streets and buying you a four star hotel room? And then laying on the bed and spreading his sexy all over the place? I jumped off the bed excitedly, all this energy pumping through me. I took a few steps, then almost fell flat on my face, tripping on the box of those damn gummy worms. I plopped back on the bed, flipping through the unfamiliar British channels, finally settling on the newest episode of Britain’s Got Talent, popping the leftover gummy worms in my mouth. The judges were about to decide the final two contestants, I stuck my hand in the cardboard box, searching for any extra sugary worms, but my grasp coming out empty. I sighed, tossing the empty box in the nearest trash can. ‘There goes the box of candy that I shared with one of the sexiest people on Earth.’ I wondered how Naomi would react when I told her all about today, and how I even tried setting the two of them up.