Chapter 23: 5.9.2 The Real Ghostbusters

ابدأ من البداية

    "You think I have luck with men? The only one I've ever managed to score is Dean. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but still. You can have higher standards, y'know. You're not half bad...despite my first impression of you." Chuck cringed and slightly winced at the memory, earning a snicker from the Nephilim.

    "What's going on with you and Dean, by the way? I noticed you two have grown a bit closer since you first joined them," Chuck said. Cassandra sighed and glanced towards the two Hunters who sat a couple feet away from them, discussing the information Sam had just gathered from the historical society. She shrugged.

    "I don't know, honestly," Cassandra admitted. Chuck frowned. "It's all so confusing. One minute he's rough and yelling and just a plain asshole and the next he's soft, sympathetic, and confiding in me. He kissed me earlier. Dean hasn't kissed me since we left your place for the most part." Chuck cocked his head to the side and squinted his eyes and thought, glancing over towards the Hunters.

    "Dean is a complicated man," Chuck said. Cassandra nodded in agreement, letting out an aggravated sigh. "But he's also been through a lot. I've noticed how he's changed since you came along. It's harder for him to grasp and act on his emotions. At least that's what I've seen in my visions." Chuck glanced around before leaning towards the blonde, lowering his voice. "I know that you were taken up to Heaven by Michael and missed what went on during those few days. I saw what happened to Dean." Cassandra snapped her head towards Chuck in curiosity. "He was worried about you, Cassandra. He missed you."

    "You're lying." Chuck shook his head and watched as she glanced back towards Dean and Sam. She chuckled softly, shaking her head. "Dean doesn't worry about anyone but Sam and sometimes Castiel," she added softly. Chuck reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder.

    "I saw it, Cassandra. Go for it. You can make each other happy," he told her. Cassandra rolled her bottom lip in thought. What if Chuck was telling the truth? What if Dean really did feel something for her? Would it be worth all of the trouble in the end?

~*~

    Cassandra and the Winchesters found themselves teaming up with two of the larpers—Demian and Barnes. She had managed to tune the two boys out, focusing on her surroundings and the warm, comforting feeling of Dean's arm wrapped around her waist. She should've been used to the feeling but she wasn't. It was an action he was making into a habit, not that she minded, but she hoped that it would lead them to fixing things between the two of them.

    Dean's harsh tone snapped Cassandra out of her thoughts and she glanced up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"All right, you know what? That's it. That is it," Dean sneered. Demian turned around to face Dean, stopping completely.

"What's wrong, Bobby?" he questioned. Cassandra rolled her eyes at his words and shook her head. She understood why Dean was getting so fed up. It's why she had decided to block them out.

"I'm not Bobby, okay?" He looked to Barnes. "You're not Sam." He returned his attention to Demian. "You're not Dean. What is wrong with you? Why in the hell would you choose to be these guys?"

"Because we're fans. Like you," Barnes replied as if it were obvious. Dean scoffed and shook his head.

"No. I am not a fan, okay? Not fans. In fact, I think that the Dean and Sam story sucks. It is not fun. It is not entertaining. It is a river of crap that would send most people howling to the nut house!" Cassandra winced at his words and Sam sent her a sympathetic look. They both knew Dean wasn't exactly thinking about what he was saying. "So you listen to me. Their pain is not for your amusement. I mean do you think they enjoy being treated like—like circus freaks?"