Chapter 10 - Winter has arrived

© Sandra Corton 2014

Chapter 10 – Winter has arrived!

Winter's POV

He didn't come over that afternoon. I began to get worried as the sky darkened into night. He had promised to come and see me. He had never let me down before so I began to get even more concerned. I could only wonder if something else had happened concerning Quill.

"Mum I'm just going to check on Caz." I shouted out and I heard Mum call back in the affirmative.

The moment I approached his dorm I knew I should turn back now. The bleak dread that filled me as I rang the doorbell did not bode well. Zeke's reigned rather agitated look only made me feel worse.

"She got to him Winter; you may not want to come in here." Zeke told me bleakly.

"I need to see it for myself." I replied as I steeled myself for anything.

I walked into a very intimate candlelit movie moment that had bile rising in my throat. Caz had his arms loosely holding Quill as he whispered in her ear. Her giggle set my teeth on edge and I found it hard to breathe.

"Great resolve you have there Caz." I said as I determinedly stood in front of him.

"Winter what are you doing here?" Caz let out this sigh like I was the one being the drama queen about everything.

"Looks like its one to you Quill, but I can only wonder how long your powers can keep up this much work." I said before I turned and walked back out.

"Winter wait." Zeke said from behind me. "I'm going to apologise now before I do this but we have to do something to snap him out of this. We need to remind him of what you two are to each other."

I had no idea what he was talking about until his lips came down so suddenly on mine that I wasn't ready for it. I stood there in shock wishing once again that I felt the same emotional rush like when Caz was kissing me. Instead I felt a bit embarrassed knowing that Caz was probably watching us.

"Winnie what the hell are you doing?" Caz shouted out so I quickly pulled away from Zeke to face a very furious Caz.

"I could say the same thing." I pointed to him and his arms still draped around Quill.

"Ugh what is going on?" Caz asked as he quickly moved away from Quill.

"Damn you Winter! Why can't you leave us alone?" Quill's shrill voice filled the room making us all wince. "Why can you never mind your own business?"

"Stop using your power on my best friend and maybe I will stay out of your business." I told her sharply and she looked shocked.

"Best friend? You're lucky to have even one friend let alone a best one." Quill let out a snide laugh and I knew it was time for Caz to choose.

"This is your chance Caz, either you admit to her what we are to each other or that's it." I slashed a hand through the air then.

Caz looked completely uncertain as his gaze went from me to Quill to Zeke. I felt both anger and devastation build inside of me. All those years of pent up bitterness at the way he had acted towards me swamped me body and soul. He was the one that had to fight against her hold on him; there was only so much I could do.

"You know what don't bother Caz. If she is so wonderful and all special to you then I'm not trying to fight it anymore. I've had five years of you hiding our relationship to everyone but you know what? I'm finally done with your treatment of me!" The words came flying violently out of me before I went to storm from the room.

"Winnie." He said it so softly but I heard it. I couldn't stop myself, even in a furious rage from turning back to him. He had always had such a hold on me and with one little word he was able to slow the fury within me.

"What Caspian?" I met those blue eyes of his that seemed so earnest and loving.

"I....I...." He trailed off which only made the ugly bitterness rear its nasty head again.