Part Eight(Peter's POV)

Começar do início

          As she went along, her hand accidentally brushed my face while she was bringing the rag down, and through my pain, I managed to smile at her.

          She looked panicked for a second, but as she saw my smile, she returned it, making me want to smile even bigger.

          "Peter, your shirt is ripped, and it looks like you have some deeper cuts along your stomach and shoulders. I don't really have a good access point from the way your shirt is ripped, and I don't want to hurt you. Would you mind, uh..." she started trailing off, as if she was unsure how to finish her sentence.

          I nodded, trying to sit up, but an overwhelming pain enveloped my stomach, and I had to lay back down. "Would you help me sit up really fast? That sounds really lame but my stomach is killing me and I really don't want to throw up on you," I explained. She laughed a little bit and helped me sit myself up on the couch.

          I turned to face her, grunting as pain exploded in my head. I leaned back against the couch, allowing her to maneuver my shirt in whatever way she needed to help clean me up. Whenever Kenzie touched my stomach, a flurry of tingles raced up my spine, but I tried hard to focus on not moving at all for my sake as well as hers.

          Kenzie made sure that every injured spot was wiped and gauzed. She had just started on my shoulders when I heard the lock click and Aunt May walked through the door.

          May was on the phone when she walked in, carrying a small bag of groceries and what looked like a bag from a clothing store. But as soon as she saw me, her face widened in terror and she dropped everything (literally), and ran to my side. My heart filled with guilt. I hated seeing my aunt so worried and panicked.

          "Peter, what happened? Are you okay? Why are you all scratched up?" she choked, obviously holding back tears.

          I looked her in the eyes and told her the story. She started to cry, and then started to rant about why drag racing should be watched on more carefully by the law.

          "I'm alright, May. Just need a little rest. I really am okay, all thanks to Kenzie," I assured her, nodding in Kenzie's direction.

          Kenzie had started to clean up the rags and the gauze, but at the mention of her name, she looked over at Aunt May with a sheepish smile.

          May's mouth hung open for a few seconds, and I found myself praying that she wouldn't say anything embarrassing.

          "It's nice to finally meet you, Kenzie." May finally said, gratitude filling every note in her voice. "Thank you for helping save my boy. I can't thank you enough. No wonder Peter speaks so highly of you." May doted, a motherly smile lighting up her face as she looked at Kenzie. I thought I was going to die of humiliation, but when Kenzie's face turned bright red at May's last statement, more curiosity took over. Why would Kenzie be embarrassed at that?

          Kenzie quickly responded, "Really, Ms. Parker, I did what anyone else would do. I couldn't just leave him. He needed m- he needed help," she amended.

          May gave Kenzie a once-over, smiling at her like a daughter. Happiness bubbled up inside of me when I saw how much May seemed to like her. "None of this Ms. Parker stuff, please, call me May."

          My aunt looked at the clock, and back at Kenzie. "Honey, we have to get you home! Peter seems alright enough, I will drive you. Ned, will you stay with Peter at least until I get back?"

          Ned stepped out of the kitchen where he had been hiding, looking everywhere in the room except for at me. It took him a second, but he gave May two tentative nods.