"The inertia is killing me. I need to act. I-I-I need-- I need to spill blood," Niklaus says in a softer tone.

Something flickers in Elijah's eyes for a moment, "Well, then, you'll be pleased to know that I've located the last of the twelve rings forged with your blood."

"Really?" I ask as Niklaus perks up, "Then, it's time!"

"And none too soon," Elijah sighs for a moment and looks down. "I'm concerned about Hayley."

I nod my head in agreement but Niklaus visibly tenses before turning to his art supplies.

"She looks well enough," He says as he sorts his things.

My eyes roll at his comment, "She looks no better than you, Nikki."

Elijah nods in agreement, "Now, if the two of you would treat each other as more than just... passing acquaintances--"

"She has you guys for that," Niklaus cuts Elijah off.

Elijah huffs, "Sadly, like the father of her child, she prefers to fight her demons alone."                      

With one last look, Elijah leaves the room.

I face Niklaus with a frown, "You should really try to speak to Hayley."

"Why don't you or Elijah? You and Hayley are best friends, and she and Elijah clearly have something going on!" Niklaus says and turns to look at me.

"Niklaus, she is dealing with the loss of her child. Elijah and I have never faced the loss of a child. You and Hayley are dealing with the same pain. It would be easier to deal with this together," I spoke in a soft tone.

When he did not respond, I left the room with a sigh. I joined Elijah's side on the balcony overlooking the courtyard. Down below was furniture covered with cloth. It did not look like someone's home.

"I wish he and Hayley would make an effort to understand one another," Elijah said with a frown as we walked around.

"I know. It would lessen the pain--at least I hope it would," I cut myself off. I could not even imagine what they must be feeling.

Elijah nods his head, "But of course, they are both so headstrong."

A small smile escaped my lips, "That may be an understatement."

He smiled softly, "I haven't seen you smile in a while."

"It just doesn't feel right. Nothing seems to be in our favor and that isn't something to smile about," I ended with a sharp tone.

Elijah's smile doesn't fade when he looks down at the floor.

"What is it?" I ask curiously as I look up at him.

"Who would have thought that I would be the one joking around after all seems lost? Not me," He said as he turned to me.

The corners of my lips upturned, "Definitely not me."

We continued to walk around aimlessly in a comfortable silence. As we walked, footsteps interrupted the tranquility.

Elijah and I turned to the courtyard to see Cami cautiously weaving her way through the covered furniture.

"Hello?" She calls out and looks our way.

Before she can see us, Elijah steps back into a room, taking me with him. I watch her through the dirty window. Cami continues to look around and asks, "Klaus?"

When no one responds, she makes her way over to the staircase but stops. Behind her is Niklaus who watches her carefully and observes her.

"Klaus?" She whispers softly before turning back.