A Greeting

White walked into her classroom for home room.
"White!" White's best friend, Bianca, called.
"We're in the same home room, cool!" White said.
Cheren walked over. "Technically it's that we're in the same general classes," he stated.
"Oh, same class again, Cheren?" Bianca asked.
Cheren shrugged. "I guess so."

~White's P.O.V~

"Oh! Is that a new student?" a girl's voice pointed out.
I turned around to see a boy with spiky black hair and a cap. 

Black. The guy I met at the office.

I saw Black walk over to us. 
"Hey, uh, if this 9A homeroom?" he asked.
"Precisely," Cheren answered. "My name is Cheren, nice to meet you. You must be new, your appearance is unknown to me."
"I'm Bianca," Bianca added, "And this is my friend, White." 
"Nice to meet you all, the name's Black, I am indeed a new student," he turned to me. "Sorry about bumping into you at the office, I wasn't looking where I was going," he gave me a sheepish grin. 

I don't get why people do that, it's just awkward to apologise like that, is he trying to flirt or something?

"Oh, it's okay," I answered sweetly, being polite and not wanting to judge him.
"I don't know these people, only you guys, for now, care to show me around at break?" Black asked Bianca, Cheren and I. 
"Sorry, I've got a Student Council meeting today, the first day back and all," Cheren said.
"I've got to go to Science Club to get a new ID card, we renew them every year, sorry Black, but we'll still help you when we have the time," Bianca said.

"Let me guess, you're busy too?" Black asked me.
To be honest, I never really liked school clubs so I never really took part in any. So I was pretty much always free at breaks.
"Nope," I answered. "I don't take part in school groups, really, I'd be happy to show you around at break!" 

"Thanks," he smiled. 

"Alright! Who do I have this year?" Professor Juniper said cheerily as she stepped into the classroom.
Professor Aurea Juniper is my favourite science teacher, perhaps my favourite teacher in general. Guess she is our homeroom teacher this year.

We all gathered in our seats as the bell rang and started our new year. 
But first, 
"Alright, guys! We have a new student this year! Please welcome, Black!" she said as Black walked up to the front. 
I saw a few of the girls give off a "Hope he isn't a player" and "he's cute" looks and the guys whispering madly to each other. I could make out a few words, "Hope....doesn't....popular....smash....does..."

I sighed. This always happened. Every new student would be judged like this and it can get pretty bad. Most of the quiet people are the new students that get humiliated as soon as they step foot into the first week of school.
Well, I hope this doesn't happen to Black, I've really had enough. Reporting to the headmaster wouldn't be very thoughtful either. The poor students wouldn't even be able to make it halfway there. 
I couldn't do anything either, I was too weak to stand up to the bullies so I try my best to lay low around the school. 

Black had finished his introduction and everyone clapped. I joined in but I was so lost in thought that I had no idea what he said.

Whoops.