Chapter 4: A Filthy mouth's bird

Start from the beginning

Now the birdie was trying with all its might to break free from the water that encircled it. Its whole body turned into fire and steam started to form, evaporating its prison. With one brow raised, Seyran just touched the surface of the water and it changed into ice, then into crystal. She infused enough mana into it to make it fire resistant for a time. Occupied as it was, the animal didn't absorb her mana and even if it wanted to, it couldn't have for the time being, since the prison act as a container as well.

The little bird increased the heat of his fire under Seyran's smiling eyes, mocking it for wasting its time and its energy. Sure enough, a few minutes later, the vibrant red fire and its heated atmosphere turned into a bird again, panting heavily as it collapsed on the floor, still very much inside its prison –a crystal one now.

"So?"

The bird looked furiously at her, seemingly cursing but at the same time not wanting to have her angry over its curses.

Of course it wouldn't feel comfortable if she looked at it with hunger or if she suffocated it with heavy killing intent that could almost materialize itself. Hey, this bird cherished its life! Having her looked at it with interest –even with little mockery- was way more acceptable, although humiliating, it was better than been dead.

But really, its great self so easily subdued, and from all species it had to be a human at that! How humiliating, how degrading!

That's where hunger leaded it! Never stay hungry enough to coveted human qi!

'It is really glaring!' Seyran mused.

She laid the book on her hand to one side, touched the jail with her right hand, making it crumbled and with the other hand took hold of the red thing.

"Stupid human." It exclaimed confidently the moment the barrier was destroyed.

A big gust of wind came from the outside towards their direction. Unlike his others wind's attacks this one wasn't harmless. It swirled getting bigger and more violent as it was approaching, lying cut here and there in the room. On its wake it only leaved pieces of the books that it traversed, mincing them into fine confetti.

The birdie had a confident look and wasn't even resisting as it was trapped in Seyran's hand. Seyran was really interested in it now yet didn't like its overconfidence. With just one snap of her finger the whirlwind got blasted and the bird's face morphed in something akin agony and unwillingness.

"What a shame, what a shame" It complained piteously in her mins before loosing consciousness.

Yenaigai burst in the room at this moment, with a scared look on his face shouting princess along the way. She didn't even turned to him, just hear him thanked all he believed in, in a relieved sight as he apologized for his behavior. She didn't acknowledge this either as she kept on staring at the little red bird completely exhausted in her hand.

"Mistress?" he risked asking once again. This time she stood up and showed him the animal.

"It can use fire and wind; become invisible as well. Is it someone's you known's familiar?"

"Familiar?" he repeated tasting the sound on his tongue not really knowing what she was referring to.

"Do you know anyone who can tame a bird like that?"

"...A ...master?" He stammered, and then continued confidently as if enlightened. "Oh, is it a contracted beast?"

As soon as the words left his lips, his face paled terribly. His heart grew panicky.

"Is this one of the royal family's member's contracted beast? Was it after mistress?" He was almost shouting, beads of sweat becoming large on his forehead; fear written all over his face, making Seyran raised one eyebrow at him.