Chapter Twenty-Three.

Start from the beginning

He hesitated, but sat down next to me. I got up in a sitting position and brought my hands up to my mouth, breathing hot breath on them to warm them up. I keep my eyes on my hands and not a naked Scott.

“I know I should have told you sooner, but I was worried.” he said.

“Worried of what?” I asked.

“Well, you were already cold towards me, I didn’t give you want another reason to.” he said. “I didn’t want to give you another reason to make you want to hate me.”

“I didn’t hate you.” I mumbled. “I just…had trust issues.”

“Abigail, will you please look at me.” he said. “You don’t have to be scared anymore.”

I shook my head and brought my knees up to my chest, trying to keep myself warm. I don’t know how I can look at him anymore. He pretty much lied to me this whole time.

He’s one of the wolves that scared me two days ago.

I heard him move closer to me and when he put an arm around me, I cringed and moved away. “Don’t touch me.” I said.

“Please don’t be angry with me.” he said. “I get it, you’re scared and shocked.” When I didn’t say anything, he sighed. “Abigail, this is who I am and I can’t change it. Yes, I’m a werewolf, but I’m not dangerous. It’s a part of my family, everyone in my family are wolves but my mom.”

“Well why isn’t she a wolf?” I asked.

“Well first, it would be really weird to marry a family member.” he said and I rolled my eyes, smacking my teeth. “No, the real reason is because she’s my dad mate. Do you know what that is, Abigail?”

“Mate? Like wolf mates?” I asked, finally looking up at him. He nodded. “Like, when two wolves are supposed to be together forever. Their joined together.”

“Right, it goes with my dad and mom. They’re supposed to be together. Wolves in our family, male or female, are mated with humans. We don’t know why, but it just happens.” he said. “Skyler and Haley, they're mates. Tristan and Colleen, they're mates. And Shay and Victoria, they're mates. They all found their mates when they were young, which usually happens. We’re mates, Abigail, your mine and I’m yours.”

My mouth opened a little in shock and I felt like I stopped breathing. This couldn’t be happening. No. I have to be dreaming. I pinched myself and I winced. Crap, I’m awake.

“You have to be joking.” I said.

“I wouldn’t joke about something like this.” he said. “It’s true, Abigail. We’re meant to be together. I don’t know who sets this mating up, but I’m glad whoever set me up with you did. You’re an amazing person, Abigail.”

I snorted, “I’m not amazing, there's nothing special about me.”