Part Seven(Kenzie's POV)

Mulai dari awal

          "Thanks, McKenzie. I'm sorry about Lucy. I hope she doesn't get too mad," Ned whimpered.

          "Lucy will be fine," I promised. "Let's go find Peter."

          I stood up off of the couch, Ned following shortly after. He walked out the door and down the driveway an older car. "Are you okay to drive?" he asked me.

          "Yeah, I can— wait, why do I need to drive?" I wondered.

          "Oh, I need to use my computer to track him, and I can't do that while I drive, so—"

          "Got it. I'll drive." I said, already stepping into the drivers seat. I was eager to get going.

          Ned stepped around the car to the passenger side. He took out his computer from the floor of the car, and opened it up.

          "Don't you need internet for that to work?" I questioned, starting the engine and backing out of the driveway.

          "No, it's a program I designed to be used on the go. It should pull up Peter's location. I would've used it earlier, but I had to charge my computer. Any second now. YES!" Ned screamed, making me jump. "I found him— he's in New York City. I'll guide you through the back roads. Geographically speaking, it would take longer, but with the traffic that downtown New York has, it's going to be faster anyways."

          I drove towards New York City, going on the freeway as long as possible. Ned lead me through backroads and neighborhoods, between buildings and through a run down car wash. Ned finally told me I would have to park the car, that Peter was supposedly just around the corner. We were in a run down parking lot, and it looked like nobody had been there in years. I got out of the car, slamming the door behind me as I sprinted around the corner of the building. What I saw nearly made my heart stop.

          Peter was on the ground of an alleyway, completely unconscious. A crashed car was off to the side, on a tilt between the two buildings Ned and I were standing between. I slowly walked up to Peter, my heart nearly pounding out of my chest.  Peter's clothes were badly torn in areas, revealing scraped up skin underneath. His face was badly scratched and bruised. His lip was cut and bleeding, and even in unconsciousness he looked in pain. My hand flew up to my mouth, and my eyes started to well up in tears. I looked up at Ned, who had started to cry again.

          "We have to get him out of here. Help me pick him up," I whispered to Ned. He immediately bent down, and we gently picked him up, one of Peter's arms around my shoulders, the other around Ned's. Peter's head lolled lifelessly as we walked him back to the car. I nodded at Ned, and he let go of Peter to open the door on the passenger side, and then lifted Peter in.

          I got into the drivers seat of the car again, Ned clambering into the back seat. My hands were shaking as I closed the door. I looked at Peter and put two of my fingers on his neck, checking for a pulse. After a terrible second of nothing, I felt a thump beneath my fingers, and another, and another. I released a held breath, shrinking back into the seat of the car.

         What could have happened?

         "What do we do with him? Should we try to wake him up?" I asked Ned.

          "Let's try and wake him up. Then we'll see what he wants to do." Ned decided.

           I nodded. I leaned over, gently shaking Peter's shoulder. He groaned after a second, the only sign of life he had shown since we found him. "I think I will start to drive back through the traffic, to give him some time before he needs to wake up to see his aunt. Plus, the ride will be smoother," I proposed.