Dan and Amber part 1

Davilos was still seriously pissed off with what had happened at the wedding. He remembered Eliza trying to mash his nuts into paste before several others showed up. From that part on he only had vague memories before waking up the next morning. When he did he was horrified and revolted. They had found him nude in the middle of some kid's park with a hooker sleeping next to him. There were several bottles of alcohol which he had apparently imbibed. Where the female had come from he had no idea. What was worse was he would have never hired her since she was black and not very attractive.

Getting out of that had been a pain in his ass. After paying the fines he had been smeared in a number of the local papers. Thankfully after throwing some of his money around he had squashed that problem. It had taken barely eight thousand to silence the hooker and a bit more to make much of the issue vanish. What hadn't helped was somehow he had come back with an STI. He couldn't explain that since he was sure he wouldn't have gotten it up with that ugly used woman.

As it was Persephone was giving him a cold shoulder. It wasn't for what had happened, but that he hadn't gotten their son back. It had taken some time before he had managed to convince her he had been set up and some drink had been spiked. Thankfully she had believed that since he wasn't sure what else to say. How could he explain golden-yellow eyes and a promise of pain? That was all he remembered before waking.

~~~

Dan had followed the reports on what had happened with Davilos with pure enjoyment. The woman was a rather high-class escort he knew. When he had contacted her, and explained why he needed the man discredited she had died laughing. That and a nice stack of money had helped. When he had been picked up she had spent a bit of time behind bars before being acquitted of any wrong doing. She had pulled the entire 'he seduced me' bit and done a very good job of it. If Davilos came after Yeffy again Dan had ammo against him and he was looking forwards to it.

He had copies of most everything Davilos had done to get out of the situation. It included bribing the woman, copies of all the police reports, news reports, and even statements from the wedding party. A number of them were along the lines of 'seen him there and who is he'. He was on invitations, but how'd he managed that? All Dan could figure out was he had some connection to someone who had been invited. It was being looked into at the moment.

He could have the man and his wife killed but this was far more fun to do. He wanted to drag the man and his wife's reputation through the mud, the blood, and the beer. They would pay for what they had done to do to Eliza. Davilos deserved that simply for hurting such a wonderful woman. Yeffy had been hurt which is why Dan thought he bonded so well with the wolf. Jed felt much the same and they were working hard to keep control over their dire urges. Both had to admit they wanted the two dead but this was going to be so much better. They had to keep that in mind or they would simply call in a supernatural hit. If they worked it right Eliza would end up with a very nice payday...

~~~

It had been a good three weeks since Dan had last seen anyone other than Jed. He had been sent on a mission to get him out of town. For some reason, even though Eliza having found her mate wasn't his fault he was being blamed for it. He had a feeling part of it was the fact that now they had a small pride of Chinese were-cat's next door. He knew the council wasn't very happy with that. It wasn't that they didn't need more supernatural in the area. It was the fact they were damn cats. What didn't help was Youling and one or two others had fun teasing the Wolves about being rigid and structured.

Dan did have to grin though. When he had come back and introduced Youling to the council it had been amusing. He was obviously a dominant cat and it showed. He didn't bother submitting since he was a cat and they didn't have control over him. If it had been the council of were-cats it would have been different. He had also informed them that he was purchasing additional property where Eliza lived. The land would be added to hers for the Cat sanctuary. There was going to be construction so the rest of his pride had somewhere to live, that was close but elsewhere.