The turbak didn't seem to be focusing on anything but Aghet's face, and didn't reply. However, it did lower it's arms.

"Do you know what this is?" Aghet asked, rooting around for the vase thing and holding it up for the thing to look at. The turbak lifted a hand and placed a hand on it's surface. Immediately, a pulse of blue light ran through the entire thing, and it melted into a pool of gleaming goo that raced over the turbak's palm and secured itself over it's hand like a glove.

Not sure how to react or what to do, Aghet just watched as the turbak came closer, not meeting Aghet's gaze as it reached the gloved hand out and placed it on her navel.

Aghet grabbed it's wrist, wrenching it away from her as a freezing sensation raced through her. Her mark flared with pain, and before she could drop the wrist she held, her attention was caught by the orb in the turbak's palm. It was glowing white now, and within Aghet could see a swirl of light purple, like a whisp in the deep woods after dark.

"What is this? What were you trying to do?" Aghet asked, keeping hold of the thing's wrist even if it tried desperately to get away, throwing it's body from side to side like a cat with it's head caught

"What is this? What were you trying to do?" Aghet asked, keeping hold of the thing's wrist even if it tried desperately to get away, throwing it's body from side to side like a cat with it's head caught. After a moment of crazed struggling, Aghet realized that the skin of her arm was beginning to turn a blue, spreading from her grip on the turbak's wrist, and quickly released it.

The turbak collapsed backward, scuffling to the corner and placing the gloved hand over her chest, protecting it with the other and staring at Aghet with the same, wide eyed gaze.

"Okay..." Aghet breathed, falling backward herself and leaning against the wall. Her ankles slid down, sliding on the ice that had been left behind from the turbak, so that both her legs thudded to the floor with a resounding thump.

"Okay." She repeated, rubbing her head and trying to think. She lifted her head to look at the turbak, who still hadn't moved. It had put it's forehead on it's knees, curled tightly against the wall.

Aghet's chest tightened as the sounds of celebration suddenly grew in volume. Knowing Qrev was close following, she hurried to find somewhere to shove the turbak. The basket it had previously been stuffed in was completely torn from the inside, and Aghet stuffed the remnants into a large fur coat, folding the thing into a tightly wadded ball and placing it in a taller basket used for soiled clothes.

As she looked, Aghet realized that the turbak was just about the right size to fit as well.

"Come."

She told it, making sure not to touch it's skin as she grabbed it's arm through the cloak and got it to it's feet. The turbak reached to put it's hand on her navel again, but Aghet pushed it away, bending her legs in order to heave it up off the ground. The turbak grabbed hold of Aghet's arms through it's cloak as she swung it up and into the basket, stuffing the cloak in as it flowed over the edges.

It was a snug fit, and the turbak looked up at her blankly, hands clasped together near it's chest and eyes peeping over the edge of the basket at her as Aghet backed out of the closet, cleaning up the condensation left from the ice. Only it's eyes were seen in the darkness as Aghet shut the curtains partway, looking for anything else out of place.

 Only it's eyes were seen in the darkness as Aghet shut the curtains partway, looking for anything else out of place

"Don't move." Aghet whispered to it, taking one more step backward and tying the curtains tight. Just as she finished the last knot on the bottom, the sound from outside burst into full volume as the heavy curtains at the front entrance were opened. Qrev had to duck his head in order not to hit it against the doorway as he entered, and Aghet straightened quickly as he did, feeling her back twinge with the pain of bending over for long.

Qrev let the curtain fall behind him, sliding the giant ceremony cloak from his shoulders and hanging it on the hook next to him. Aghet started to head toward him, looking behind her to make sure the closet was shut tight enough, then bowled straight into Qrev as he approached. Grabbing her arms to steady her, Qrev paused what he was going to say, surprised.

"Your skin is freezing." He said, and Aghet squirmed from his hold, throat tight as anxiety made her entire body tense. She looked down at her arms, seeing nothing out of the ordinary.

"The night has a chill, nothing new." Aghet said, sentence spat out at the last second as she forgot to respond.

"Are you feeling ill?" He asked as she walked over to the window, peeping through the curtain at the others outside. They were finally quieting down, now that the moon was high in the sky. Most were settling down near the fire to talk, and the rest were retreating back toward their huts.

"No." Aghet replied, turning to Qrev once more and letting the curtain fall. She took a deep breath, trying to ease the tightness in her chest. Her heart beat wildly, and she had to force herself not to look at the closet. Perhaps she should have told him she had. It would be impossible to convince him to sleep through the night now.

"I'm glad. Rin seemed concerned." He said, and Aghet grabbed his elbow as he turned toward the back of the room, where the closet was situated. She knew she would never be able to convince him to keep the turbak alive. Hopefully, Aghet would be able to exhaust him to the point of dead sleep. Then, perhaps she could slip the turbak out.

Aghet had no experience laying with a man, but didn't think it would be that hard to adjust to.

"Come." Aghet told him, pulling him over to the bed, where she pushed down on his shoulders, making him sit on the edge. As she straddled him, running her fingers down his chest, Qrev took her wrist, stopping her advance.

"You're acting strange." He stated, but Aghet ignored the comment, twisting her hand to grab his, bringing it to her side.

"Get the tie in the back." She told him, taking his face in both hands and pressing herself to him, planting her lips on his. Thankfully, he gave in, and Aghet turned her head as he began to trail kisses down her neck, glancing toward the closet and seeing that the curtain was still in place. Hopefully, it would stay that way for just a little while longer.

 Hopefully, it would stay that way for just a little while longer