Season 1: Chapter 2

'Please!'

'Waves I can't!'

'Wynonna I am begging you!'

'Waverly! I told you yesterday that I'm going out on a date or a hook up... I don't know I swiped right!'

'But it's karaoke night! You know how crazy this place gets on karaoke night!' I whined into the phone as I strained to hear what Wynonna was saying on the other end with the loud music practically vibrating through the ground.

'Waves I'm sorry but no can do'

'Fine' I sighed 'have fun on your date'

''Be ready to bail me out tomorrow!' And with that she hung up the phone. I pushed myself off the wall that I was leaning on across from Shorty's and brushed the hair from my eyes. I watched people stream into Pub like bees to honey while others stumbled out, drunk off their heads. I never usually work the night shift on Saturdays because that's karaoke night. AKA the worst night of the week for drunken idiots to scream into a microphone and vomit all over the walls. Not my cup of tea.

The cool winter air blew my way, making my clothes flutter and shake around my body. Although I was only wearing a black t shirt, ripped jeans and my dirty timberlands, I didn't feel the cold. Come to think of it, I never really feel the cold.

Pushing the thought aside I brushed the snowflakes from my eyelashes and started a brisk walk back towards Shorty's. I listened to the crisp sound of my boots crunching through the fresh un touched snow while I walked, trying to rid myself of my bad mood and return to the happy and bubbly Waverly that everyone loved.

'There you are!' I walked behind the bar and turned to champ who was serving drinks to a regular customer 'what took you so long?'

'Champ I was on my break for five minutes'

'It shouldn't take that long' he shouted over the roaring music. Typical champ. He spends at least fifty five minutes on one of his many breaks but I always seem to take too long.

'Whatever' I muttered, mixing a cocktail for a perky blonde and her friend.

A few hours later I was still serving drinks while Champ was sitting with three girls in a booth, laughing and smirking every five seconds. He's got to be the biggest hypocrite I've ever met. He doesn't like me talking to any guys at all, yet he can talk to any girl no matter what her intentions are. I've been contemplating dumping him for the past six months but there's not many guys who want to date an earp in this town. Hence me still being with him.

'Excuse me?'

I nearly dropped the glass from my hand in fright when the unknown voice shouted into my ear. The place had calmed down a bit in the last few hours. The music had switched from loud bass and pop to slow country music and most of the drunks had left, stumbling home.

'Can I help you?' I asked with a fake smile while I wiped off the rest of the table.

'Yeah, I was just looking for my phone. I think I left it here. You haven't seen it have you?'

'I haven't no. Sorry' I smiled apologetically over my shoulder and took in the mans appearance. He was wearing a blue denim shirt and black pants with slick greased back hair. Although he wasn't too muscular he made up for it in height.