Season 1: Chapter 1

I was standing behind the bar in shorty's as my mind reeled. My heart was still pumping loudly in my chest, the traumatising revenant attack that took place just over an hour ago was fresh in my mind. I remembered his face. He was one of the revenants that attacked our farm when we were little. I can still here his sickly laugh ringing through my ears when daddy died and when Willa was taken... it was shortly after that when Wynonna went off the rails. I didn't blame her though. Even though she left me alone for years. She's back now though. That's all that matters. I hope-

My mind was ripped from my thoughts when I hit one of the beer taps, a heavy stream of cold beer sprayed my chest and face.

'Ah- Jesus Christ!' I slammed the tap and it finally stopped spraying beer everywhere but not before it soaked my tank top and chest 'perfect' I sighed loudly and slapped my hand against my thigh exasperated.

'I didn't know Shorty's had wet t-shirt competitions'

I snapped my eyes up to the door, jumping slightly at the sudden voice. Leaning casually against the doorway was a tall woman in an officers uniform. Her auburn hair was pulled into a tight French braid while her beige Stetson swayed in her left hand. Her lips were pulled back displaying her dazzling white teeth as her chestnut brown eyes stared at me in amusement.

'You ok?'

'Yeah, just a bit jumpy' I reached over and grabbed a small cloth to wipe off my dripping clothes as she walked towards the bar 'had a crazy night' I said with exaggeration while smiling widely.

'Sorry I wasn't here to see it' she said with a little laugh, placing her Stetson on the chipped wooden surface of the bar. 'I've been uh... I've been meaning to introduce myself. I'm Nicole. Nicole Haught' she reached her hand forward and I shook it gently. Her smooth and warm hand held mine in a strong yet soothing grip. I looked down when I went to let go but she held on for a second longer.

'Hi' I said sweetly. Usually I could never stop talking but for the first time in my life, I was stuck for words.

'And you are Waverly Earp. Quite a popular girl around here' Nicole leaned her forearms against the bar, staring at me with a small smile on her face. I continued drying my chest with the towel, hoping she couldn't see the red blush creeping onto my face.

'Oh you know, it's all in the smile and wave' I said with an overly cheery voice. Get a grip Waverly!

'Yeah...' Nicole's smile dropped slightly as she continued to stare at me, unnerving me to an uncomfortable extent 'can I get a cappuccino to go?'

'Oh I'm really sorry. We're not actually open yet so' I smiled apologetically, leaning down to dry my thighs that were visible thanks to my blue shorts.

'Oh right, my bad' Nicole threw her hands up slightly 'it's just when I see something I like I don't wanna wait'

I looked up then, my hands stilling, along with the breath that caught in my throat. Her voice had dropped low at that last part. I don't think she was still talking about the coffee. Something about that didn't sit right with me. I mean sure, Nicole was visibly stunning... beautiful even and she definitely had a caring personality. But that was the thing. She. Nicole was a woman. That's what intimidated me.

'And your door was open, so' she must of known what I was thinking as she added that part quickly.

'Right. God I'm sopping wet' I laughed awkwardly, pulling at my white top that was clinging tightly to my chest and stomach 'you know I keep telling shorty that he needs to fix the darn taps' I threw a glance over at the stupid metal contraptions that put me in this awkward situation.