Void

Present

"Hello"

"Is anyone there?"

"56 bottles of beer on the wall," two faint voices sang.

"HELLO?!"

"Take one down pass it around 55 bottles of beer on the wall," the voices continued.

Marcus Kane followed the repeating voices down the hall, and he was very surprised to see two young men lying lazily next to each other. He noticed how one had their arm stuck in the sliding door and the other had his leg trapped. Both boys were still singing their song not even noticing a bright flash in their face until Kane finally spoke.

"Hey, Hey can you hear me?" he repeatedly shook Wick's shoulder trying to get some type of response.

With a jolt, Wick looked around wildly before his eyes landed on Marcus, "Councilor, sir?"

Marcus took a good look at the man before him. The air was thick with musk because both men had sweat gliding down their face.

"It's Wick, Isn't it, from engineering, Sinclairs apprentice?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah, Yeah and I'm David from mechanics, now that we've been introduced do you mind getting us the hell out of this mess," a snarky voice demanded. Both Wick and Marcus looked over to the raven headed boy who obviously got woken by their voices.

"What happened to you two," Marcus asked completely ignoring David's request.

"He had us come down here to override the containment codes to keep the doors open," Wick explained still really dazed. "Don't tell him I messed up," he continued with a slight chuckle.

David just rolled his eyes, only Wick could make a joke in a situation like this.

"Hey, you both didn't mess up," Kane reassured him. "Now let's get your arm and leg free," he told the two.

"Yeah, let's do that," David said with a nod of his head. Marcus placed both of his hands on the door and pulled it in the opposite direction but to no avail, the doors didn't even budge.

"Did you see anyone else around here," Kane's question was directed to Wick but David spoke up before he could answer.

"No, heard there was a hull breach in engineering," he answered.

"Yeah, um what the hell happened, anyway?" Wick questioned. One moment everything was fine and then the next thing they knew all hell was breaking loose.

"We were betrayed," he told the two, obviously still in disbelief over the matter. "Councilor Sidney, she took the Exodus ship by force, Damage to the Ark was was catastrophic," he tried to explain while standing up. He was still looking for a way to get them both free.

"That bitch," David mumbled but Marcus and Wick still heard him. "My mom voted for her.." he trailed off before he remembered something. "My mom?! is she alright?" David began to get nervous. What if his mother followed Sidney to the literal gates of hell.

"What was her name again?" Marcus asked the worried boy.

"D-Diana," he responded.

Marcus looked deep in thought, he was trying to connect a name to a face. He remembered hearing a conversation between someone named Diana and Abby. But that would mean that Diana was just as dead as Abby.

"If I'm not mistaken, your mother was last seen with Abby Griffin," Marcus watched as David let out a sigh of relief at his words. Kane instantly regretted his choice of words. He had just given David false hope.