Jerk is my middle name

May's POV

This is the most awkward breakfast ever.

We were currently all sitting at the table having a 'family' meal. 

"When are you leaving?" I broke the silence, not looking up at them.

"In half an hour." my dad said with all seriousness.

I simply nodded. When we were finished, everyone went to the living room and I stayed behind to clean up. 

Once I was done my mum and dad were already by the door. I heard the car honk from outside.

"Well, that's our ride. See you guys in a month and a half." my dad smiled.

"Bye." I waved them off.

"Goodbye, Mr. and Mrs. Song and have a nice trip." Soph said while taking Mia in her hands.

"Bye, girls. Be safe." my mom yelled from the car. They sped off down the road.

I sighed. There was nothing I could do, so why would I stay depressed. I smiled to myself and walked inside. I went back to my room and started getting ready for school.

I walked downstairs and saw Soph and Mia playing with their Legos.

I sat down on the sofa and sighed. Here goes nothing.

"Sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to be rude to you."

"Oh, come on, you're not seriously gonna apologize for that?" she scoffed "If anything I should be apologizing to you." her voice softened.

I just hugged her. I knew she would always be there for me. 

"May, what's the time?" I gave her a confused look.

"8:15, why?"

"School starts at 8:30."

"Oh, schnitzels."

I ran out of the house with Mia in my arms. Soph trailed behind me carrying our backpacks. I put Mia in her seat while Soph started the car. I got in and we were off. We dropped Mia off in the kindergarten and in ten minutes we were in front of our school.

Soph had History first period so we separated our ways at our lockers.

I was speed walking through the empty hallways. I quickly took a glance at my phone, it seems I'm only ten min-

Ow.

I hit a hard surface and fell on my butt.

I don't remember a wall being here.

That's because there isn't one, you idiot.

Shut up, Soph!

And, yes, I call my inner voice Soph because she always has a smart mouth. 

I looked up only to see the devil's smirking face.

He crouched down to the floor in front of me.

"You ok, little firecracker?" he said between chuckles.

"Don't call me that."

"What are you doing here?"

"Searching for hidden treasure." I sassed.

"Don't back-talk me." he warned. I got a bit scared. I mean who wouldn't be, he's got enough muscles to throw me over to Antarctic, while I've got gummy bears for muscles.

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" I just couldn't control my mouth.

He leaned in until I could feel his breath on my neck.