They're back, or maybe not

May's POV

I was waiting for Soph, by her car. She had one extra class. Oh, there she is.

"Hi." she sad with a smile.

"Hi." I gave her a small wave.

"How was school, I mean after the "incident"?" she said, highlighting the word incident with her fingers.

"Actually, I made a new friend." I stated proudly.

"That's nice."

We went to pick up Mia from kindergarten. It was a ten minute drive from our school. Before we moved here, we signed Mia in the closest kindergarten to our school, so we can pick her up right after we finished.

We  entered the playground and it was packed with little kids. They all looked so carefree. Mia ran up to us with a little blond girl behind her.      

"Hey, baby girl!" Soph smiled.

"Hi." she hugged me.

"Hey, who's this?" I asked.

"Twis is Tasha. She is my best fwiend." Mia smiled.

"Hi I'm Sophia and this is May." Soph crouched to their height. "Hey, would you like to come over sometime to play with Mia. We have lots of Legos at home." she asked Tasha. Soph also loved Legos, so Mia has a lot of them home.

"Uhm, sure, I just have to ask my Mommy." she turned to Mia " See you tomowow, Mia."

"Bye." Mia waved to her and we went back to the car.

The ride home was silent. I had a lot on my mind. I laid my head on the seat and thought about Hunter. Why does he want me around him? I'm not his type, I bet he likes the "easy" girls, if you know what I mean.

Soph pulled into our driveway and we saw another car parked inside.

It looks like mom and dad are home. I can't believe it, they are home!

"Look Mia, mum and dad are home." she started jumping and screaming. Once we parked, Mia and I ran to the house, and started searching for them.

"There twey are!" Mia shouted. Mom and Dad were sitting in the kitchen. They turned around and smiled. As angry as I am with them, I still love them with all my heart.

"Girls!" dad said and hugged us both, a second after, mum came and we all had group hug. We all laughed. Just like old times. Once we separated, well, I got out of the hug, but Mia was still hugging mum tightly, Soph walked in with a smile.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Song." she waved politely.

"Hey Sophia" my mum said and hugged her. There was a lot of hugging in those few of minutes. We went to the living room and started talking.

"So, how was it? The trip." I asked eagerly.

"It was beautiful, sure it was exhausting, but it was nice." mom said.

"Oh, New York is magnificent, but we will have to spend a lot of time there, unfortunately." and that's when I started getting mad. We talked a little more, and I tamed my anger.

"I am going to make some diner." mum said and got up, and went to the kitchen. I snorted quietly so nobody could hear me. My mom couldnt cook to save her life.

Soph and I went upstairs, while Mia was playing with dad. I got in my room, and fell on the bed. I'm exhausted.

Eventually I managed to stand up and do my homework.

But, events of today came back in flashes. Why are they so nice to us? I mean, they are the bad boys of the school.

I can not believe I'm saying this but, I am happy, everything is some how back to normal. My parents are here, I'm doing good school and I even made a new friend, Mia is ok, Soph is with me, I could not ask for nothing more. Well there is only one person for whom I have a lot of questions, and it makes me scared. Oh well, I hope I will find out soon enough.

Maybe he likes me, after all, I am awesome.

I chuckled to myself.

Maybe Soph is right, maybe I do have a big ego? 

Nah, I'm just perfect.

"Dinner is ready." Soph said while passing by my room.

"Coming!" I shouted and got up.

Dinner was nice. We talked, and it all went well. When it all came crashing down like a ton of bricks.

"We have some bad news." dad said with a serious voice.

"What?" I asked as the smile on my face disappeared.

"Well, we have to go to a work-tour to Europe, and we'll be absent for about a month or two." I knew this was coming eventually, but I didn't expect it to be so fast. That was the sentence that crushed me. I don't know whether to cry or to lash out on them. For now I just nodded. I had to stay strong. I looked over to where Mia was sitting. She had a broken look on her face. She is very young, but she understood everything.

After that, everyone was quiet. When we finished dinner, I picked up Mia and I took her up stairs to put her to bed.

I knew this was hard for her, but she was strong and I was proud of her.

Once she fell a sleep once I sung her her favourite lullaby. I walked outside of her room, and saw Soph leaning on the door frame of her room.

"Are you ok?" she gave me a sympathetic look.

Pity.

I hated when people gave me those looks. Like they knew what I was going through, when they had no clue. It just made anger boil up inside me.

"Yeah." was all I said. I was half-way to my room, but she followed me.

"Are you sure?" that was the braking point.

I slammed the door in her face. I slid down the door until I hit the ground.

Ugh, this is just too much. 

 I loved my parents so much when we were together. We were so happy and had so much wonderful memories together.

But it all had to change.

When I turned ten they got a promotion. First, they started going on small trips for a day or two. After a year, that time would even turn into several weeks. After Mia was born, mom had to stay with us for two months, but after that they started taking trips of several months. I practically had to raise Mia on my own for a year, and I was only eleven. That's when Soph came along. We met in a park while I was taking Mia for a walk. She was helping me ever since.

Mia has a few memories with our parents, but those would only be a from a week or two when they would come home. I miss them so much.

I walked over to my closet and took a look at the girl standing on the other side of the mirror. She was pale and tired. Her face was drained from all emotions. The only thig that gave up any emotions were her eyes. They held back so much anger and saddnes.

No. This isn't me.

I gave myself the widest smile I could master. I won't let anything break me. I can't.

I took a shower and got ready for bed. I took my iPod and searched for the perfect song. I had a secret obsession with Disney songs that only Soph knew about. They helped me through togh times and made me happy. 'Under the sea' started playing and I quietly sang along until I fell asleep.