The Bodyguard's Prince Part 1

Start from the beginning

I sneaked a peak at Derek where he stood at the door and I tried not to sigh out loud. The man didn't have the right to look so gorgeous guarding the door.

"Syke is it? Would you like to go out to the gardens?", I asked him and he paused with his hand half way to his mouth, a buttered scone in his hand.

"Isn't it tea time soon?", he asked taking a bite of his scone.

"I'd rather pass. We have had a feast of a lunch and we could take a stroll in the garden." I said and watched as he slumped his shoulders and nodded his head almost reluctantly. Or rather he has had a feast of a lunch. I felt full just watching him.

Maybe he can go now I can make an excuse up and he can leave.

I called Derek over and watched as he moved those powerful thighs over to the table. God why can't he be my suitor. He's perfect in every way.

"Derek please call the maids around and thank Brian for the lovely meal. It was simply scrumptious." I said as I got up and he nodded at me.

I motioned for Syke to come with me and I watched in distaste as he grabbed two more macaroons.

Soon I can get rid of him and thank heavens for that. I don't think I can take more of this.

One week later...

I was seated in the gardens waiting for the next suitor to arrive and I don't care what, I am not meeting other men. My coronation is in 3 weeks time and I don't want to meet other men. I'm going to accept that there is no-one else that interests me besides my stupid bodyguard. Sometimes I want to strangle him for being so perfect. Maybe if he had a flaw I wouldn't be all gaga over him. But the man doesn't seem to have any, well none that I can see.

I heard the door open and a second later I heard Derek growl at the person that entered. I quickly turned around thinking it was a threat. But it was just my 10th suitor.

"What are you doing here?", Derek growled at the man his hands moving towards his gun.

"Derek what are you doing? Put that away. This is Peter he is my suitor." I said frantically. I introduced Peter to Derek but Derek just snarled at the man.

"These are for you my Prince.", Peter said as he turned to me and handed a bouquet of beautiful red roses.

"Oh my they are beautiful. Thank you", I said smiling at him.

"My pleasure my Prince but they pale in comparison to your beauty", He complimented me as he bowed and I flushed a shade of pink.

"Shall we?", he asked as he stuck his arm out for me to take.

"Ofcourse", I said as we turned to tour the gardens. I sneaked a glance at Derek but he was glaring at Peter's back. Why is he acting this way? Strange.

I glanced back at Peter and I felt maybe I can get over Derek. Peter was handsome and charming. Maybe I found my suitor after all.

After touring the gardens I learnt a lot about Peter, he was funny, charming and I found myself intrigued by his way of thinking and his views on things.

We made our way back to the dining room for dinner and Peter pulled the chair out for me. Ooh a gentleman too.

Peter told jokes as we ate and I almost forgot about the man who held my heart in his hands even if he didn't know it who stood a few feet away. Almost forgot.

Later on I saw Peter off as he got in his car and blew me a kiss as he drove off. I smiled and turned and made my way back to my chamber.

Derek strode in a few seconds later and grabbed my shoulders.