Chapter 2: Kindness

Start from the beginning

"Hey Junmyeon, would you mind if I asked you a question?"

He blinked his eyes, not expecting the conversation to continue, "Not at all, go ahead."

"I want to buy a some food for you guys tomorrow, but I was wondering if you are allergic to anything," I asked, finding a way to ask him the question I've been keeping in the back of my head.

He hummed, smiling softly, "I'm not allergic to anything, and the only one of us that is allergic to something is Sehun, but only to perfume."

I nodded, "Thanks, I'll head out right after school," I said, "Good night Junmyeon."

He smiled widely, showing a cute side I didn't expect from him, "Good night (Y/N), rest well."

--

After class, I headed out to buy the cake, bringing my backpack instead of my guitar, knowing I would have to be discrete to be able to bring in the kitten, whom I'd forgotten to choose a name for the cute kitten.

I bought everything the cat needed before going to pick her up, including food, a litter box, and a lint roller.

"Good to see that you are back sir," the veterinarian said, smiling as he saw me enter, "Your kitten has been anxiously waiting for you since you left."

"Thank you for everything, I just bought everything I needed, so I can take her now."

He handed her over to me, and I carried her out, only putting her in my backpack when I approached a cake shop.

I didn't have much money left, so I decided to buy a small cake to share with Junmyeon, planning to buy everyone something once I had enough money.

"Is this for you and your girlfriend," the teenager dispatching me asked, and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"This is for a friend and I, hopefully the next time I come by that will be the case," I smiled, catching a blush appear on her cheeks.

When I was close to the school, I zipped up my backpack a bit more, making sure the kitten couldn't be seen, but still could breath.

I went in without a hitch, with most people only staring at the white box I was carrying, most likely wondering who it was for.

I walked into my shared room, finding Junmyeon sitting on his desk, reading the same book from yesterday, "I'm back."

"Oh, I thought you would have returned sooner," he said, putting his book down, "What'd you buy?"

"I ran out of money, so I decided to have this cake be a sorry gift for you," I said, placing the small cake on his desk.

"Sorry? For what?" he asked, his eyes wide with wonder.

I smiled, "I was a bit rude when I first came here," I said, "And... I may have broken a rule."

He froze, "What'd you do?"

I placed my backpack down, taking out the small kitten, making his eyes practically pop out of their sockets, "This kitten has been watching me for days, it's mother died and she seemed to grow attached to me, I couldn't bare to leave her alone on the streets."

Junmyeon frowned at the story, reaching to pet the kitten, who seemed to be a bit reluctant, "Don't worry kitten, he's kind."

The kitten seemed to listen, leaning into his touch.

I looked up to see Junmyeon, who was staring at me, smiling, before snapping back into reality, looking down at the kitten, "Thank you."

I smiled, "What should we name her, I haven't been able to decide."