Chapter 2: Kindness

~Chapter 2: Kindness ~

>Your PoV<

Lately, if I'd have time, I would go out into the city and look for a place to sit down with my guitar to put on a small show for passersby, bringing me more of an income than the job I almost applied to.

I was on a scholarship, and meals were usually offered, but I quickly came to realize that I stuck out like a sore thumb among my preppy peers- meaning most of my money went to my clothes, something I am not proud of, never being quite fond of materialism.

It was getting late, and I began to realize our curfew was approaching, so I began to pack up, thanking the people who had given me tips and compliments.

As I packed up, I noticed the same kitten that had been sitting around the area I usually play at, making me wonder if it had a home.

"Hey kitten, you lost?"

I slowly approached, making it take a step back, "I'm not gonna hurt you."

I figured following it would make it uncomfortable, so I sat nearby, with my hand extended in it's direction.

After a while, it began coming closer, before finally rubbing itself on my hand, climbing onto my lap soon after.

"Good job," I hummed, petting it, picking it up, noticing it had a small cut, "I think I saw a vet around here, let's go."

The kitten didn' resist, instead, it fell asleep, only waking up until the veterinarian had attended us.

"It seems that this kitten is a male," he hummed, inspecting it, as the small kitten looked at me warily, "It's most likely homeless, it's mother probably died by being run over, seeing as he is alone."

I petted the kitten sadly, warming up to it, having experienced homelessness myself.

"Sir, I would like to adopt him, could you please give him the shots? I will pay for them."

He nodded, "He'll be ready tomorrow, you can pick him up around this time, he'll be recovering."

I went to the front desk, paying for the shots, which were about a week's worth of singing songs on the street with my guitar, but I knew I had to do it for the kitten.

"See you tomorrow kitty, I'll come back with a name tomorrow."

--

I seemed to have gotten back right on time, running to the dorm before they did the usual inspection.

I hadn't really done any talking with Junmyeon, despite hanging out with the same friends, so bringing up a cat seemed strange.

"Hey," I said, and he greeted me back.

I put my guitar in it's place, going to take a shower, pondering if he had a cat allergy.

When I got out, Junmyeon was on his bed reading a book, slightly shocking me, I had been so off put with him at first I didn't even consider him to be the studious type.

"I've seen that book before, is it good?" I asked, making him look up at me, his wide eyes proving he was surprised to have a conversation with me.

"Y-yeah, I like it so far, the plot and the characters are really interesting," he said, "If you'd like, I can let you borrow it once I finish."

I smiled, yet slightly taken aback by his kindness, he didn't seem to be the person I set him out to be, "Thank you, I would appreciate it."

"No problem (Y/N)," he smiled back.