01 | THORN ROSE

Chace

Chace

When I get to Ashton's house, it is already crowded. It is the local common knowledge that the best parties are held by baseball players, and as the most famous junior baseball team in the area, our parties are on the top of the list.

Yes, we have that fame every average boy dreams of. Imagine that cliché movie scene; the coolest, hottest jocks walking down the school hall, everybody just stares at them, respectfully moving out of their way; girls drooling over them and biting their lips. That's Us. The Star team. Me, Ashton, Kevin, Dylan, Marcus, and Aaron. The core of the team. There isn't a single girl that would say no to Us. Well, except for one- but that one is out of this reality.

I shake my head in disbelief that I'm thinking about her. Again.
Dammit, Focus Chace!

Oh, yeah, I see them! Standing in the corner of the room, surrounding the bar. One eye on tonight's NBL game- another on the bouncing babes. Typical. " What's up bastards?'' Their answer is loud laughter and whistling, watching me as I approach them. I give a hand and a bro hugs to each of them. Ashton throws me a beer with a smirk. " Hey bro, drink some, you are too sober for this. "

I'm sipping my beer as surveying the room. Actually, my eyes are looking for one body only. That one, I have memorized from head to toes; that one I see in the evenings before I fall asleep; the one first in my thoughts when I wake up every morning.

Chloe. So euphoric and sexy that she draws everybody's attention as soon as she enters the room. Horny stares from men and jealous ones from women.

"God, I can't even choose tonight! Look at them! Seems like we are in a strip club or something. Where do they even sell clothes that sexy ?" Dylan points to the room full of female silhouettes; "Who said that you CAN choose? " Marcus joins us. "Don't be jealous Marcus. You gonna get laid too,.. someday.!?." Ashton snaps back, smirking - and we all burst into laughter.

One hour later, I have already two beers and three tequilas in my system. Just enough to have the courage to talk to her when she'll get here. I know that she will. They are best friends with Mia. And Mia is pretty close with Ashton. And since this is his party I doubt she's gonna miss it. Yep! She is definitely somewhere in the house because I see that bastard Daniel O'Connell she's dating. What the fuck does she even like about him? He is so lame and boring dork who works in his father's wood factory. Appearance? Average one. Yeah, girls usually try to flirt with him, but he is oblivious to it. Well, at least he doesn't cheat on her. He's got eyes only for her. Son of a bitch.

I'll better get another beer and continue to scan this place. Meanwhile, that looser has disappeared somewhere in the back garden. I'm not gonna lie. I'm glad that I don't have to see his average face for some time and help me God If he comes to talk to us. I'd have to listen to his philanthropic shit. Probably something about how he and Chloe help the local retirement home or how they try to improve the conditions for communities and homeless people here... Blah blah blah.