"Promise me," he pleads and a lump forms in my throat.

"Okay, I promise," I struggle to get the words out. Only because I know I don't want to never see Jace again. 

No matter how rude he is.

•••

Christmas flies by with little to no drama. I haven't seen Jace since our little incident that one Sunday and it's now New Year's Eve. I know I promised Eric that I wouldn't see the man, but I secretly hope that I'll see him at the party tonight.

Eric and I's relationship is as it always was. On his part at least, for me, I still struggle with the decision I made. There's times where I just want to tell him that I know he's been cheating on me, but I'm too scared. That and I don't want to lose him, but the way I feel around him isn't right.

I feel disgusted and grossed out by him. Just being around him in itself is a struggle.

I'm hoping the party tonight will calm my nerves a little since Eric is coming and so are Braylee and Candice. I haven't heard anything on whether Jace will be there or not, but I try not to let that faze me. I promised Eric I wouldn't see him anymore, and I intend to stick to that. I think.

"I like that dress," Braylee points out when I try on the red dress with the form fitting bodice that poofs out at the end. It goes above my knees which is against my morals, but one night won't hurt. It's New Year's Eve after all.

"It's not too much?" I look at myself from all angles in the mirror. I have to admit it looks really pretty, I just don't know what Eric is going to think.

Is it Eric you're trying to impress?

I ignore my subconscious for the millionth time this week and focus back into reality.

"Of course not," Braylee giggles slightly. "I mean, look what I'm wearing."

She's decked out in a tight black dress that would put anyone to shame, with a Santa hat delicately placed on her head. Like mine, her hair is curled with her makeup done. She's wearing glossy, black high heels that make me cringe at the height of them.

"True," I joke along with her and decide on this dress. It's an article of clothing that Braylee bought me for Christmas which I immediately deemed I would never wear. Now look where we are. "What shoes am I supposed to where, though?"

I'm anxious and I don't know why. Part of me is a little scared that Jace will be there, but the other is the chance that what happened at the last party I went to could happen again.

"Those white heels that I got you, duh," she rolls her eyes and pulls out the box with the shoes in them.

I slide them on, looking at myself one last time before telling her that I'm ready. Eric is already here waiting for us when I make it downstairs, and his eyes take me in with a sparkle to them.

I smile shyly and join him in the living room.

"You look beautiful," he whispers in my ear and presses a kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you," I clear my throat, feeling a little uncomfortable at our close proximity. I've kept the distance between us for the past week, because I'm still trying to adjust to everything, but Eric will no doubt want to be close tonight. I have to get over it at some point.