chapter one

(Nicole POV)

          The day was Saturday, March 19, 2021 and also my birthday. I was turning 18 today, finally I was an adult. Currently I was at my girlfriends house we had just woken up and we were cuddling while watching TV. I was laying my head on her chest while she was running her hand through my curls, I loved it when she did that and so did she.

We were watching the 100, our favorite show when there the doorbell rang through the house. I got up to see who it was and when I opened the door, I was met with a box that was about my height. I felt arms snake around my waist and I leaned back into Hazel's embrace.

"I wonder what it could be.", she said.

I turn around in her arms and ask, "Did you do this?", With a grin on my face.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't, now open it" she says.

I pull away from our embrace and go get a box cutter. When I come back I see that Hazel pulled the box into the middle of the living room and is sitting on the couch with a smirk on her face. I looked at her with a confused face, but still went and opened the box anyway. What I saw I couldn't believe, it was a brand new game chair, I couldn't have been more happier. I turn to find Hazel standing behind me and engulf her in the biggest hug ever.

"Thank you so much baby, I love you", I say and give her a chaste but passionate kiss.

"I love you too but this is just the beginning of your special day, I have a lot planned for us and a special ending too. If you know what I mean", she says while smirking.

I just laugh at her silliness and start to put the chair together, I was so happy when she gave me this because I always dreamt of becoming a gamer.

"Babe do you want blueberry pancakes or strawberry pancakes?", Hazel said while going to the kitchen.

"Blueberry please", I say as I continue to finish assembling my chair.

Soon I am finished putting together the chair and I go to the kitchen to find Hazel slaving over the stove in all her glory and I can't help but stare at her.

"You know staring is impolite", she says and I don't even know how she knew.

"How'd you know", I said in a surprised manner as I walked over to her and put my arms around her waist.

"I can feel your beautiful eyes on me like the sun because of how radiant they are", she says while flipping a pancake.

"That's makes no sense", I say resting my head on her shoulder the best I can because of the height difference between us. It was merely an excuse to disregard the compliment because I do not react well to them because I'm insecure.