EL | Failing - 12

"Failure only comes if you don't try at all

"Failure only comes if you don't try at all."
~unknown

Rosè yawned as she lifted up from her bed slowly, patting against her head as she felt through her scarf to make sure that it was still in place. Her eyes lingered around the room for a bit before she looked down at her phone for the time. It was 7:30AM and her alarm was set to go off at eight sharp so she turned it off then got up and tiptoed to the bathroom from out her room, Rozai trailing behind her as always.

When she got inside, she took a light shower. She hadn't had a wet dream since Kai and her little scandal on the beach. After he basically told her what it was, Rosè prayed about it and put herself straight back on recovery avenue.

She walked out in nothing but a towel as she scrolled her Twitter, once again stalking Kai's timeline. Her heart was aching when she saw the #baetweet and the picture of Kai and Lotus laid up in his very familiar bed. He had really played her over this trip and she felt it deeply. She swallowed hard as she struggled to hold back tears until it was impossible to hold them at all. She leaned against the wall, feeling a little dizzy as the tears and emotions started overflowing. Her chest felt as if three hundred pound weights were dropped on her heart.

Reality had set in, she lost her man.

Her heart was torn and she figured maybe this was how Kai felt when she left him years ago. It hurt so bad especially since she had hope. But now, all of that hope was crushed by a tweet.

"What's wrong?" Rosè heard, making her look up at her sister. She had fresh tears pooling in her eyes before she wiped them away and smiled softly even though she couldn't hide her pain this time causing the smile to fold into a deep frown as she collapsed into her arms. "Why are you crying? Rosè, whats wrong?"

"I... I don't know anymore." She sniffled, laughing a little as she wiped her face. "I just feel... hurt. I'm just hurt."

"What happened?" Amora asked, rubbing her back as she held her.

"I'm stupid." Rosè said, shaking her head. "I don't even know why I'm crying because I knew he wasn't gonna leave her. I was just hopeful."

Amora then already knew what was going on. Jewelle had told her about Kai popping up on the trip with a new girl and how Rosè was acting like she didn't care. Amora knew better though and from the looks of things, it was hitting her way harder than she expected. She had never seen her big sister so broken before, not even when their father died years ago.

"Don't talk down on yourself for that nigga. You always bounce back, always." Amora told her. "He ain't nothin' to be all down bad for."