Chapter 7

Nadia's POV(at the playground):
I rode up and slid off my bike. I slowly walked through the splintered wood. I saw a little girl eyes wide in fear. "Eva." I called softly. She looked up tear stains streaked her face. "It's ok. Your daddy told me to come get you." Then she flew up and grabbed my leg. She clung tightly to me. "I want daddy." She pleaded. "I know your going to see your daddy just hang in there ok?" She nodded. "Get away from my daughter!" Yelled a woman's voice. I spun around. A woman with the same blue eyes as the young girl was in front of me. Except they were wild and insane. A blast of wind blew my hair in my face and mouth. "Flash get Eva out and run her back to Samuel. I'll take care of her." I said pointing to Rachel. "Are you sure?" He asked. I gave him a sharp nod. "Can you go with Mr. Flash for me? He's gunna take you to daddy." She gave me a trusting glance and then let Barry pick her up. Then bam. They were gone. I looked up to see Rachel concentrating hard. "What are-?" My feet felt hot. I looked down to see the sand under me glowing. "Do you know what happens to sand when it gets very hot?" She asked grinning. My eyes went wide. "It turns," she thrust her hands in the air and the new sharp glass turned on me "to glass." I turned my face away in for it to avoid the glass. But every were else began to sting in horrible pain. My head felt like it was swimming. My vision was blurry. I saw Barry come back and yell my name out. I could feel my own blood running out of me. I was so in shock that I barely felt any pain. After a few moments I felt Barry pick me up. "Is Eva ok?" My voice gurgled. "Shh. Yeah she's fine." The pain began to intensify. I let out a groan. I didn't even know Barry was running untill he stopped and a wave of nausea hit me. I groan escaped me. "I know sorry." He said. I felt myself being layed down in a bed. I was scared and unsure what was going on. I heard Caitlyn talking. Then Cisco's voice hit my ear. I had to stay strong for my best friend. I knew he would be devastated if I died. And I knew he had a crush on me. I think he still does. At any rate this can't be all I do with my life I have to keep going. Caitlyn's voice spoke to me. It was hard to hear. "This is going to hurt I'm so sorry. There's no time to give you medication and wait for it to work." Pain flared in me but I wasn't sure from were. I was already in a whole lot of pain. I felt a hand grab hold it mine I let out small noises of pain. It was Cisco. His soft hand in mine. His thumb gliding against my own hand. His words of comfort giving me strength. I will survive. I have to.
------------------------------------------
Cisco's POV:
I held her hand stroking gently with my thumb. I whispered words of encouragement to her. Her eyes were glossed over. "It...hurts..." she said in a small croaky voice. It broke my heart to see her in so much pain. "I know. I know just hang in there ok?" I looked up at Caitlyn she was working hard. Beads of sweat were on Caitlyn and Nadia's faces. Caitlyn had taken the glass shards out of her stomach and chest first so her organs wouldn't get damaged. "Your almost done." I told her. She let out a small groan of pain. Finally after what felt like and eternity all of the glass was out. "I believe the worst is over." Said Caitlyn. Barry came over to see how she was doing. "What happened?" I asked. "I don't know. She had found Eva by the time I arrived. She told me to take her back to S.T.A.R Labs. I did and by the time I got back she was on the ground hurt and Rachel was gone." I knew it wasn't his fault. I had to control myself none the less I wanted to yell at someone. Bad. But I didn't. I knew when Nadia found out she would be upset and think she caused us to fight. So I took a breath and stayed by the young girl's side. I may have started to love the sweet lollipop loving girl in front of me. She had fallen asleep. I watched her chest rise and fall softly. The shadows of her eyelashes stretched across her now pale skin. I smiled. I'm going to make sure nothing like this happens to get ever again.