A Weekeman One-Shot

Being horribly tall had it's perks at times, though when you're a rich, runaway prince, those perks are most definitely not worth it. The worst part is finding somewhere to hide while also being able to go out without being recognized.

It had to be close to midnight anytime I went out and tonight was of course, no exception. Thankfully I much preferred being up at night, it just gave me a sense of thrill that I'd never gotten before. Well, I'd gotten it once before.

Let me explain and then we can continue the story after.

|||

"Master Weekes! Oh, Master Weekes!" Calls our head maid, Aggie. I let out a breath that fogs up the mirror before me momentarily. I don't reply but she opens the door anyway. I glance up at her solemnly, "Don't give me that look, Master Dallon." She sighs. I enjoyed her, she was great, my best friend if anything.

"I tell you all the time, Aggie, it's just Dallon." I ignore her statement.

She rolls her eyes, "If anybody heard me say that I would be fired on the spot, you know that... Dallon." She breathes out my name and I chuckle.

"I like you too much for them to fire you."

"Well, you despise this woman and they're still having you marry her, so, I would not underestimate them." She pats my shoulder, "Do you need anything?"

"This to be cancelled, that's what I need." I drop my head to hit the glass in front of me.

"Master Dallon, knock that off." She huffs at me and I grin.

I spin around to face her and grab her by the shoulders, our faces close to be able to whisper, "Aggie, can I tell you a secret? you mustn't share it with a soul." I ask and she nods, "Well, it's more than just one thing really..."

"Yes, Dallon, just tell me." She chuckles for a moment before she catches how straightfaced and serious I am.

"I'm going to run away." I speak and she gasps but I cover her mouth, "Aggie, I cannot marry a woman, let alone a woman such as her." Aggie's eyes get so wide I swear that I'm hallucinating.

"You like to kiss boys?" She speaks as if I had done something horrible.

"Or, you know, I'm gay." I mutter with distaste to her.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry, I'm just... Shocked..." She shakes her head, "You'll never be able to get away without help."

"That's why I told you." I squeeze her arms in my long fingers.

"Master Dallon!" I cover her mouth and she pushes me off, "I'll get fired." She breathes.

"Nobody will know." I reach into my pocket and pull out the paper I'd scribbled out in the early hours of the morning, "Take this and just do as it says, burn it while everybody is rushing to find me, then pretend to look for me as well." I pull her into a tight hug.

"Okay, I-... I'll do, it Dallon." She holds me just as tight.

"Thank you for everything, Aggie. I'll never forget this, trust me, I'll be able to thank you some day." I pull back and make my way to the door, "I'm going through the window of the room I finish getting ready in, I have a ride waiting for me about a block down the road so please do not worry."

She nods, "Goodbye, Dallon." She waves sadly and I'm off.

|||

And now, here I am, stood in a crappy grocery story at an ungodly hour with probably close to about thirty dollars for a week's worth of food, in my pocket. I was getting money from a friend I had online, it wasn't much but they wanted to help me out, it was better than nothing.