Adelaide looked at the girl who was no doubt beautiful as well. Her long blond hair was pinned up and her green dress flowed down to the ground, her eyes where an amazing shade of blue that could make any man weak on their knees. She had an aura of power but pain at the same time.

"Oh I'm sorry," Adelaide said with a small grin, "I didn't notice you got to him first, I'll let you go on." Adelaide was about to walk away to find someone else to bother until the same voice called out again.

"Wait," the girl said as she pushed past Ernest, "I was a bit rude back there, I'm Rebekah." Rebekah held out her hand to shake.

Adelaide took it without hesitation and smiled, "I'm Adelaide."

Rebekah's eyes went wide, "as in Adelaide De Poitiers?"

Adelaide sighed and rolled her eyes. Her once soft eyes turned dark and stone cold. "Yes," she said letting Rebekah's hand go, "I am. Now if you will excuse me." She pushed past Rebekah to find her brother so she could leave. She saw him talking to a girl and was about to head towards him until a hand on her shoulder stopped her.

"Please don't go," Rebekah said, "I was thinking we could be friends." She smiled.

"With me," Adelaide said pointing to herself, "a bastard?"

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "I live with a bastard much worse than you so I think I can handle you."

Adelaide laughed and nodded her head taking Rebekah's arm in hers and walking towards a corner to talk.

"I love your designs," Rebekah said tracing the ink on Adelaide's hand and looking at the other on her shoulders and back.

Adelaide quickly removed her hand and laughed nervously. "Yea they're just for decoration."

Rebekah looked at her confusingly but nodded anyways. She began talking about her long journeys to get to here but all that Adelaide could think of was how close she was to getting caught.

♕♚♔♛

Adelaide was talking with Rebekah when she heard Nostradamus tell Catherine something.

Colin's alive

Adelaide turned towards Nostradamus and caught his eye. He nodded at her but then his face turned into horror when he saw Rebekah standing by her. The girl from his visions.

He quickly looked around the throne room to only find Niklaus and Elijah talking with people innocently. Nostradamus was terrified.

'They're here,' Nostradamus thought. He quickly turned and led Catherine to the dungeons.

Adelaide gave him a weird look and turned towards Rebekah who had the same expression. Adelaide shrugged and kept walking with her new found friend.

"So how is it living here," Rebekah asked as they watched the children play around.

Adelaide's breath caught, "I-um," she stuttered, "it's nothing like you would imagine."

"Oh," Rebekah said a little disappointed by her answer.

"Anyways," Adelaide said trying to change the subject, "where are you from, what's your story?"

Now it was Rebekah's turn to stutter, "Um- well. It's a crazy story to be honest." Rebekah smiled nervously.

"It's alright if you don't want to say," Adelaide said with a smile, "I understand."

Rebekah smiled at her new friends understanding. "Well I can tell you how we got here," Rebekah said.

"We?" Adelaide asked.

"Ah yes, me and my brothers traveled long seas to get here," Rebekah said, "we switched from ship to ship to get around. My brothers, Niklaus and Elijah, have joined me on my journeys."

"That must have been really tiering," Adelaide said.

"Yes," Rebekah said lost in thought, "it was."

Adelaide looked at Rebekah weirdly but shook it off. "So are you attending the picnic in the courtyard," Adelaide asked.

Rebekah snapped out of whatever trance she was in and nodded, "yes I will," she answered, "how about you?"

"Well," Adelaide started, "I don't think it would be a very good idea."

"And why not," Rebekah said.

"Well, you see," Adelaide started rubbing her hands nervously, "I'm not someone that would be appreciated at a place like that."

Rebekah gave her a look, "why wouldn't they appreciate you?"

"I'm a bastard, Rebekah," Adelaide dead palmed, "and I'm not favored like my brother, the king would probably have my head for attending."

Rebekah was surprised at the girls bluntness. She reminded him of her older brother. They were so much alike.

"I won't let them hurt you," Rebekah said softly.

Adelaide looked at her and chuckled, "alright. I'll attend the picnic."

Rebekah smiled. She finally had a friend.