Chapter 25

White

White

There was a lot of white when I opened my eyes.

There was so much white it was almost blinding.

I felt light. So light I thought I was floating.

Kari.

I heard my name. Who could possibly be calling my name in this white cloud?   

Confused.

I was so confused as to what was going on.

Kari.

I heard it again.

I finally got off the ground.

There stood a lady in front of me.

She was the same height as me and she was so pretty. I was mesmerized by her beauty.

" Who are you? "I asked.

" My name is Alex. Come to take a walk with me," she said.

Still confused I began to follow her.

" Do you know why you are here ?" She asked me.

" Umm, I don't really know where here is ?" I said.

"Well, I'll tell you why you are here. You are here because you are going to give your mother a second chance at love." Alex said.

'" What are you talking about?" I asked.

" Kari do you think it was an accident that you landed on the step of my best friend's house when you had living relatives? Dave and Kehlani's love story took years in the making. She has always been there for me and I have always been there for her. Until I wasn't. I died way before my time. And I sorry you had to witness it. Even if you can't remember." Alex said.

" Wait you're here. It's actually you." I said completely shocked

" Yes, I'm your aunt. Are you just going to ignore everything I just said?" she asked.

" Wait so you are trying to tell me that my mom and my dad belong together?" I asked.

"That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you." She said with a smile.

She walked closer to me and put her hands on my face.

" Kari this is the INTRO."