"Y-Yes, down the hall then take a left, then a right," he answered looking slightly concerned, he probably noticed my off-balance posture and my small fit.

     "Thank you so much," I put on my best smile and started down the hall.

"Hey, umm, Miss?" He said suddenly causing me to turn around. "I um, just wanted to tell you to be careful..." he trailed off.

"In the castle? Sure thing! I mean it is kind of easy to get lost tho- No, it's not that," I started but was interrupted by the guard. "Hm?" I hummed in response.

     "What I'm trying to say is, be careful around the Prince," he stated nervously.

"What do you mean?" I asked feeling the mood of the conversation take a dark turn, and my smile soon faded.

"Well, er, the Prince is a bit ill." He replied. Ill? He seemed fine to me...

"Ill?" I questioned. I noticed he started to fidget slightly. "Look, why I'm trying to say is to be cautious, I don't want to see anyone getting hurt..."

    Hurt? How? Why?! More questions began swarming through my brain.

     "I'm sorry Miss, I hadn't meant to scare you, just go enjoy the ball, I'll be here if you need anything," he finished.

    I wanted to ask so many questions, but I refrained and started my descent down the hall to the restroom once again.

~♛~

I rushed to the sink once I found the ridiculously large bathroom. I looked into the mirror to see my reflection staring back at me. Fly aways broke free from their bobby pins and most of them made their home behind my ears. I realized it probably happened outside from the breeze.

    I gently took off my mask and placed it on the counter, before turning on the water and threw some in my face, completely disregarding the fact that my makeup would be ruined. To my surprise, the previous makeup wasn't completely ruined, though it was pretty noticeable. I shrugged it off and rested my eyes for a minute.

I found an exquisite looking sofa similar to the one in the banquet hall with one arm rest and practically threw myself on top of it. I laid down and closed my eyes. My hand rested on top of my forehead trying to comprehend the entire night, but instead I found myself slowly drifting off into sleep.

~♛~

     I shifted my position to resting my head atop my arm as I tried to fall back asleep. I groaned and pried my eyes open in annoyance wishing I could have at least slept longer.

    When I slightly opened my eyes and regretted it. Why is it so bright?! "Gah!" I exclaimed pulling my covers over my face. When pulling the blanket, I felt the unfamiliar fabric. My cotton quilt was now a thick silk sheet. "What the..." I thought aloud.

    I sat up trying to adjust to the bright light. Finally, I slowly opened my eyelids and saw the sheet that was on my was something I had never seen before. My eyes traveled to the floor so see and even more unfamiliar beautifully tiled floor.

I looked up to see a bathroom, and remembered everything instantly. The ball, the balcony, The Prince!

"Gah! How long have a been asleep!" I silently screamed to myself. "And where did this blanket come from?!"

I threw the blanket off of me and stumbled to the door. I ran out of the bathroom and down a random hallway. I noticed a turn that seemed familiar and jogged down it.

I started running a bit faster but I felt my ankle give from under me. I began falling and tumbled to the ground, but I shielded myself from the impact by stopping myself with my hands. Ouch... Stupid, fancy shoes!

    I quickly took of my shoes and got back up to run while holding them. Much better.

    I found myself nearing the ballroom, when I noticed how eerily quiet it was. I concluded everyone else must have left, which means, I'm totally intruding on the new prince and princess! I'm going to be thrown into prison for this!

    I began a stealthier approach as I walked down the hall. I turned the corner to find the ballroom, which was empty, with the exception of maids scurrying around to clean.

    I ran across the opening to avoid being seen and rushed to where I thought the exit was. Looking down another hallway, I saw it was littered with guards.

    That's gotta be the exit down there, I recognize the family portrait from here..

    I cleared my throat and held my head high, putting on my most confident expression as I walked down the hall. I held my breath while passing the guards, when I eventually came face to face with the door.

   "Ahem," I started. "I had gotten lost within the castle, I would like to leave, please." I stated confidently. To my surprise, the guards didn't move a single muscle.

    "H-Hello?" I said starting to lose my confidence. "Listen, I got lost and I need to go home, would you please let me open the door?" I asked yet again, but the two guards standing in front of the door didn't even flinch.

    "Listen I just want to go home."

    "Go home, (Y/N)?" A voice asked startling causing me to slightly yelp and jump turning around. My eyes widened in terror.

    "You look like you've seen a ghost, is everything alright?" Prince Adrian said looking concerned.

    "U-Um, Your Highness," I stuttered bowing.

    "Oh dear, there is no need to be so formal with me," he chuckled. My mind twisted even more confused as to what was going on, as my brow furrowed.

    "W-what do you mean? I'm trespassing! I'm on the castle after the ball, and I'm sure the new princess wouldn't appreciate a mere commoner wandering the halls." I answered.

    He smiled lightly and chuckled. "Ah that's right," he said as if reminiscing.

     "What?" I asked again even more confused, if it's even possible.

"You were asleep my dear, so you missed the rest of the ball! But, you did miss the most important part..." he said pausing.

"And that is...?" I questioned as he looked up smiling at me.

    "I have chosen you to be my bride."