Encounter with the "Two Legs"

Start from the beginning

My mother stiffened and my curiosity heightened "they have a different name in their..culture. They call themselves humans"

Humans, what a very odd name for an animal. I bit my lip in ponder when I heard the apes hooting in excitement.

"Seems like your father and uncle Giovanni are here with the rest of the scouts" Mother said as she went out of my alcove. I stood up and followed after her (almost tripping over Little Livius before scooping him up)

Father and Giovanni came and I saw the scouts making pained faces and that was when did I notice the blood on their body (minor they are)

"What happened?!" I signed in shock and worry for the scouts. Ryker stood beside mother (who was holding Livius in her arms) looking grim.

"Hunters..." Father signed and the apes pounded their fists in their chests while some pounded to the ground in anger.

Hunters?

Another animal?

"The two legs are getting closer to our haven. We must move" one ape signed. I immediately signed in retaliation "but what about our home?! We can't just leave it"

What made the apes grow scared of these...humans?

I slowly walked away, making sure not to get caught and managed to swing myself out and to find these humans for myself.

I should have known a certain ape happened to be looking at me escaping.

***

The flashes of green and other different colors swirled around me as I swung myself towards the place I never dared to come out: the edge of the forest.

My mother always told me never to go there, followed by a strict lecture from father and uncle Gio. However, I think curiosity got the best of me today.

I landed on a sturdy tree when I picked up an unfamiliar scent of something...eerie.

BANG!!!

I jumped in shock and I almost stumbled from the tree but I held on. I crouched down and proceeded to start crawling my way, making sure I made no sounds.

"Take a look over there!" A loud voice screamed and I peeked out of the bushes to see...

Weird looking animals walking on two feet and riding on weird looking contraptions along with holding something what appeared to be a spear or something like that. For some unknown reason, seeing them with those things sent a primal growl from my throat.

The reason I don't know, but I know something is definitely wrong with these...two legs.

"Alright men, make sire we scour the entire forest, leave no spot unaccounted for"

"Yes Sir!"

I crawled away when the two legs started to walk in my direction. I narrowed my eyes at the things they are holding, pointing it anywhere.

A rough hand went to my shoulder and instincts kicked in as I grabbed the animal behind me and pushed it to the bark of the tree only to see Ryker.

"Geez Ryker, you had to sneak up on me like that!"

"Oh yeah, you HAD to look for the two legs themselves alone!"

I glared before releasing him and turning my attention to the humans. Ryker signed "it would seem that they are heading to the direction of our home"

"Warn mother and father about this while I'll keep watch them"

Before I could sign any more both of us heard a whizzing sound and I saw one two legs take out a square looming device with a stick attached to it.

"This is Alpha 101 we have found the target!" The little  spoke, surprising the two of us.

We blinked in confusion as to what that little box was saying when we distinctively heard the sound of the apes screaming.

My fear and anger grew as Ryker let out an enraged snarl and we both humped down to finish off the 5 humans.

A couple of punches and ribs being broken, the 5 two legs lay dead with bones protruding out of their chests.

I turned away from the gory sight and focused on Ryker.

"We must get back home!"

Ryker didn't even bother to answer back as he grabbed my hand and a vine with the other and we swung back home.

Fearing what we were about to meet back there.