Main hi kyun ishq zaahir karun
Tu bhi kabhi bol de, bol de…

"Kya bolun?" She feigned innocence.

"Bharat mata ki jai" he sarcastically said "hum yahan republic day ki parade jo laga rahe hain"

"Bharat mata ki jai" she said stifling a laugh.

"Urghhh" he grunted.

"Gussa kyun ho rahe ho? Aap hi ne toh kaha aisa kehne keliye" she teased him.

"Bholi ban rahi ho?" He knew she was pulling his legs but he wasn't going to give up "Achha ab kaho I love you" he taught her.

"You love me" she said chuckling.

"Urghhh" he was annoyed. "Ok now answer my question. Do you love me?" He tried every possible way to make her utter those 3 magical words. "And you have to answer in 3 words" he quickly added the condition knowing she might end up saying yes.

"Yes I do" she smartly replied fulfilling  his condition. He glared at her and she said "Ghoor kyun rahe ho aise? Aapne kaha 3 words me jawab do, toh maine diya. 'Yes I do' 3 words" she counted on her fingers.

"Ab jaan hi le lo meri par I love you mat kehna" he grumbled

Leke jaan hi jaayega meri
Qaatil har tera bahaana hua

"Ek I love you kehne keliye 100 bahane kar rahi ho. Ab toh mujhe lagne laga hai ki tum mujhse pyar hi nahi karti" he fussed.

"Kal tak meri thi ye Zindagi
Aaj aapki amanat hai
Har saans ke saath badhti hi jaaye
Aisi aapse mohabbat hai
Aap kaho toh saza-e-mout bhi hai mujhe manzoor
Bas itna bata dijiye mere mehboob
Aapko mujhse kya shikayat hai" She recited her own creation.

Tujhse hi shuru
Tujhpe hi khatam
Mere pyaar ka fasaana hua

"Haayeeee" he sighed "Tum yaar sach me Zaalima ho" he said and leaned in to kiss her. Just in time a light flickered interrupting him.

They found a moth burn into ashes under the flame of the candle. Ishita pushed him away, quickly wrapped herself in a sheet and went around blowing off the candles and waving off the moths protecting the poor creatures from burning themselves. Raman followed her with barely an inch's gap between them.

"Aap mere peeche peeche kyun ghoom rahe ho" she asked.

"Shama jahan roshan hogi, parwane toh wahi aayenge na" he said referring to her as shama and himself as parwana while lighting the candle that she had just blown off.

Tu shamma hai toh yaad rakhna
Mai bhi hoon parwana

She hit the back of his palm lightly and blew off the candle again, saying, "Ye kaisi Mohabbat hai Shama ki jo apne deewane ko jala kar raakh kar deti hai"

"Parwane agar ishq ki aag me jalte hain toh shama bhi toh parwanon ka pyar hasil karne keliye umrbhar jalti rehti hai" Raman gave a completely different perspective to the bond between the flame and the moth.

Seeing Ishita lost in the beautiful description of love he gave, Raman grabbed her attention by whining "But our case is different. Yahan sirf parwana jalne ke intezar me rehta hai, par shama hai ki jalne ka naam hi nahi leti...."

Jo teri khatir tadpe pehle se hi
Kya usey tadpana

She giggled as she  found his comment cute and funny. "Dekho ab has bhi rahi ho.... Actually tum ShaMA nahi ZaalimMA ho" he murmured.

O Zaalima, O Zaalima

"Ye kya zalima zalima laga rakha hai? Aisa kya zulm kiya hai maine aap pe jo aap mujhe is naam se bulate ho?" She demanded.

"Tumne jo zulm kiya hai mujhpe, uska zikr nahi kiya jaata, bas saza di jaati hai" he replied.

"Matlab?" She asked innocently.

"Matlabbbbbbbbb......" Raman said stepping closer mischievously and lifted her off the ground. The sheet she had wrapped around her was pulled away and hovered above them before she knew.

----To be continued----

Another short part remaining